Hyatt Place in FLL

Yikes I was wrong- we are staying at the Hyatt House on 18th ave! It looks pretty far from where the Hyatt place is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We made the same mistake a few years ago. We thought we booked the Hyatt on 17th. You might consider moving to the 17h street Hyatt if you can, because there is so much more around there to get to by walking. The other one is a bit out of the way, not bad, but not as convenient.

We made the same mistake a few years ago. We thought we booked the Hyatt on 17th. You might consider moving to the 17h street Hyatt if you can, because there is so much more around there to get to by walking. The other one is a bit out of the way, not bad, but not as convenient.

When we booked it I knew it was Hyatt place as we like the layout of the room more. I didn't realize it's so far from everything else though. I might try to move it- we booked with Hyatt points so I need to see if it will cost more points

I booked a room at the Hyatt Place on 18th bc a lot of people stayed there the night before a cruise and the price on 17th is twice as much. Is the Hyatt on 17th a lot nicer or are you paying more for convenience? We will have a car so we can get around easier, but I want to make sure it's just as nice? Anyone stay there? The reviews were great so I hope I did the right thing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we stayed overnight last Oct at the Hyatt Place, we paid $135 for a double and there were three of us. DH & I took one bed and our adult daughter took the other. Our room was really nice, in fact there were around 12 of us who stayed Post cruise.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We have stayed at Hyatt Place 17th st. convention center location several times. We take the free hotel shut lee from the airport and a cab to the port from the hotel. Price is about the same as the shuttle they offer and a cab takes you directly to your ship while the shuttle may stop 2 or 3 times at other ships before it gets to your ship. Not a big deal, but we like to start our vacation ASAP !!!:D

Totally agree!! Depending on how much time we have, we like taking the trolley ($1/per person) down to the beach area. With Publix, Total Wine, and Carlos & Pepes there isn't much more we would need. We also love to walk to we will generally walk down to the 17th Street bridge and watch the ships in port.

HyattPlace, Embassy Suites & Extended Stay America are all in a short span on 17th street. We have stayed at them all and just look for the least expensive for a particular precruise night or two.

We have Hyatt Place booked and hoping to spend some time at the beach. Is the trolley right in front of the hotel? How long is the ride there and is it easy to get the trolley to return back to the hotel? Thanks.

We have Hyatt Place booked and hoping to spend some time at the beach. Is the trolley right in front of the hotel? How long is the ride there and is it easy to get the trolley to return back to the hotel? Thanks.
the trolley stop is in front of the Publix store, very close to HyattPlace. The trolley makes a continuous loop about every half hour. It is $1/person to ride each time you get on. The same place you get off at the beach is where you will stand to get on to go back to hotel.

There was a Cuban restaurant called Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine that is right there in the middle of hotel alley that was outstanding. We had to wait about 15 min for a table but very worth it. Very tasty and authentic.

the trolley stop is in front of the Publix store, very close to HyattPlace. The trolley makes a continuous loop about every half hour. It is $1/person to ride each time you get on. The same place you get off at the beach is where you will stand to get on to go back to hotel.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's a very nice looking hotel. We have not stayed there, but we did look into it for out-of-town guests coming to visit Ft. Lauderdale. It is very convenient to the Port as well as a lot of good restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

Also, depending on time of the year, you may be able to get a discount thru valuetrips.com...I paid 99.00 for our upcoming trip in September.

When you used valuetrips for Hyatt Place, did you get a confirmation right away? I made a reservation last week and they required a credit card (although said they would not charge the room rate to it). They said a confirmation would be sent but I did not receive it (and it's not in junk mail). I e-mailed but they did not respond.

Yikes I was wrong- we are staying at the Hyatt House on 18th ave! It looks pretty far from where the Hyatt place is.

super nice property. have stayed there twice before but it's gotten a lot more expensive. It's in Dania Beach but still not that far from the cruise port.

We are staying at the Hyatt Place across the lot from the Hyatt House in November which is more affordable.

We took a taxi once and last time rented from Budget for about $50 and dropped the car off right around the corner from the cruise port. They have a free shuttle from their drop off spot.

With the car we are able to go out. we usually bop over to Tom Jenkins BBQ. It's not a fancy place at all but the food is delish.

We were also down there in February and drove down to Miami to Bayside, strolled around a bit and had dinner at one of the many restaurants down there.

Bill

When you used valuetrips for Hyatt Place, did you get a confirmation right away? I made a reservation last week and they required a credit card (although said they would not charge the room rate to it). They said a confirmation would be sent but I did not receive it (and it's not in junk mail). I e-mailed but they did not respond.

I have booked Hyatt Place (17th st. convention center) several times thru valutrips and it has sometimes taken up to a week or so before I received confirmation , but I have ALWAYS gotten a confirmation. I always call the hotel directly after receiving the confirmation just to be sure that we are in their system and all is properly booked. :)

Edited by Rala
typo

I did call and got a recording saying no one was available to answer. We'll see if they return my call. Scary!!

Hi..have you received your confirmation yet?

I booked Hyatt Place through Valuetrips Thursday night and received email confirmation on Sunday. I then went looked up to confirmation number on Hyatt's website and it was there. All appears to be in order.

I try and make sure I book directly with the Hotel, I have found if you use another booking site, in order to make any changes you need to go back through the site you booked with to make changes. This happened back in Nov when I thought I had booked with the Hotel then realized our arrival dates were off a day and couldn't get a hold of anyone through the online site ( couldn't find our booking # yet Hotel has us ) to make the changes so we adjusted our travels since we were driving.

I did call and got a recording saying no one was available to answer. We'll see if they return my call. Scary!!

For some reason I never received my confirmation when I booked through them last year. They resent it to me after I emailed them. But it did take a few days. I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by dcgrumpy

Thanks for your responses. I called a second time and left another message and I also e-mailed them a second time with no response. But yay, I finally received a confirmation and verified on the hotel website that I did have a valid reservation. Whew...............