Cruising out of Baltimore

First time cruising out of Baltimore so would really appreciate some insight. When is the earliest you would recommend arriving at the port so we can optimise our chances of getting on board asap (FTTF is sold out)? Also, any recommendations for a pre-cruise hotel for a family of 4? Thanks everyone!

Baltimore is such an easy port to sail from! We usually arrive around 11 and since you'll be dropped off by a hotel shuttle, there will be no waiting in line to park. Getting there by 11 we're usually onboard by noon. Quick and painless! Keep checking for FTTF though because they do release more from time to time.

I don't have any hotel recommendations though as we only live an hour from port. :)

I have a great hotel. BEST WESTERN PLUS BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills. Around $150 a night, they have a shuttle to the port. Pretty decent breakfast in the morning. Can park car for free (safe well lit parking lot). And when you get back you just call them and they come pick you up at the port and take you back to your car. Have stayed there 4 times, and next weekend for a 5th. Very clean newly remodeled. Love leaving out of Baltimore and love the Pride. Easiest port ever as far as getting on board. We normally take the 10 or 10:30 shuttle to the port. The port is about 20 minutes away. Then when you get back it is very easy to get on the highway to head home.

We're staying at the Embassy Suites by the airport. We cruise on 12/26 so won't be arriving until late on the 25th and figured not much would be happening downtown/inner harbor area. There were really great rates in that area but by the time you added on overnight parking, it didn't make sense.

You didn't mention if you wanted to park at the hotel. With our family of 4, we prefer to park at the port. It's a little more expensive, but worth it to us to not have to wait on shuttles and such. With the port being right off 95, we'll hop in the car and be on our way home.

I have a great hotel. BEST WESTERN PLUS BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills. Around $150 a night, they have a shuttle to the port. Pretty decent breakfast in the morning. Can park car for free (safe well lit parking lot). And when you get back you just call them and they come pick you up at the port and take you back to your car. Have stayed there 4 times, and next weekend for a 5th. Very clean newly remodeled. Love leaving out of Baltimore and love the Pride. Easiest port ever as far as getting on board. We normally take the 10 or 10:30 shuttle to the port. The port is about 20 minutes away. Then when you get back it is very easy to get on the highway to head home.

I second this hotel. we have cruised out of Baltimore three times and every time we stay here. Best service, best shuttle, restaurant on site, though we have never tried it, very good breaky in the morning. We have never had to wait more than 20 minutes for the return shuttle after the cruise. Hotel is very clean, safe and the indoor pool is very nice.

You cant go wrong. We booked it through Trinity reservations. I believe $135 a night.

I will be staying at the recommended Best Western

in Nov.

I'm so glad to hear it is still getting good reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I concur! We stayed here for our first cruise out of Baltimore and it was amazing. Very friendly, clean rooms and shuttle was easy.

My DW and I just cruised out of Baltimore for the first time last month, and I will echo the recommendation for the Best Western. The rooms are not the prettiest; they are stuck in the 1990s and the whole place could use a nice renovation, but overall the hotel grounds are clean and certainly convenient. The parking really is quite safe to leave your car in, and the shuttle is very opportune. A nice bonus is your proximity to drive to Chaps Pit Beef, a really fantastic hole-in-the-wall fast food joint that for once actually is worth all the accolades it gets on Food Network and the Travel Channel. As far as the port, it certainly is nice, too, but one thing that took us both by surprise is the ramp up onto the Pride: a sloping and long four-level affair that presented quite a few senior citizens and handicapped travellers with the daunting task of getting to the ship. Cruising out of the Chesapeake Bay was quite nice, too, especially having to go under TWO bridges, but it seemed to me that the water was quite choppy -- that might have been a time-of-year deal, however. Overall, while I still prefer the convenience of NYC or Bayonne for us, I can't say I would never cruise out of Charm City again: it was a pleasant change!

Thanks everyone. That's most helpful. We were planning on driving to the port but if the Best Western offer free parking & a shuttle bus we'd be silly not to take advantage of it. First time cruising with Carnival so we're very excited to get on board & see what Pride has to offer!

We were at the Best Western in September and they had just finished all their renovations. Very modern, nice and clean. We did take the shuttle to the airport and got on a line to go into the inner harbor. I forget what "the line" was called, not quite a subway, but similar. When we got back to the airport, we called the hotel for the shuttle and they came and got us. So I am sure they have transportation if you are flying into BWI.

I am arriving the night before my cruise and booked at this hotel (includes parking for the cruise duration). It is the one located on O'Donnell Street. I believe it has recently gone through some upgrades.

I have read some reviews for the other Best Western but was wondering about feedback for this one.

Should I stay here or switch?

Thanks.

I am arriving the night before my cruise and booked at this hotel (includes parking for the cruise duration). It is the one located on O'Donnell Street. I believe it has recently gone through some upgrades.

I have read some reviews for the other Best Western but was wondering about feedback for this one.

Should I stay here or switch?

Thanks.

If you like being across the street from a truck stop and trucking facilities on hotel property oh forgot to mention the police surveillance cameras up the street you can stay if not I would switch the choice is yours

Edited by Tony O

I second this. Awesome hotel! There's also a great little restaurant/bar right next door.