Xpress pass and online check-in bugs.

Alice514

So our Alaska cruise departs exactly one week from today. :D

Everything was all set. Or so I thought. I completed the online check-in as soon as it was available, printed up our xpress passes, printed up our edocs, ordered luggage tags (they actually arrived!), prepaid grats, booked excursions.

Today I was poking around the website and all of a sudden it shows our check-in progress at 10% when it used to say 100%. I called Celebrity and was told that as long as I already have the xpress passes printed up, those will still be good to use when we check in at the terminal. I'm skeptical of this. Isn't the xpress pass linked to the online information? I assume they scan the barcode and the information I previously entered comes up. If the online info isn't there, what does the barcode connect to? (When I talked to the Celebrity rep she confirmed that the system showed the online progress at 10%.)

I know that the xpress pass just speeds up the check-in process, so it's not a disaster if it doesn't work, but I'd rather not waste time for myself or others in line. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it really OK to use the passes I've already printed? Or should I go through the check-in process again and print new passes?

Thanks!

Same thing happened to us on our March cruise, on line said 50% completed. I didn't think anything of it since I had the express pass printed. I won't say that it caused problems at check in but it was one of the longest check-ins we had experienced in 14 cruises. I think it had more to do with the ineptness of the person behind the counter. She needed 2 supervisors to straighten things out and somehow checked my DH in as a separate guest not tied in with the credit card I used. We had to go to guest relations so that they could swipe the card again. When we were disembarking I noticed all of the charges were on his account and our $500 ship board was on mine. Since the check in agent hadn't linked us I had to go back to GR before we could disembark. Luckily there was no one in line.

Knowing the problems with the web site I wouldn't bother redoing everything unless I had the time to do so. I know this probably doesn't help but it was our experience.

Same thing happened to me, first time in 20 + cruises that I've had this problem. We board Solstice tomorrow, I had completed online check in a couple of weeks ago and went to print Xpress pass on the 3rd (don't know why I didn't print it sooner). Check in window was closed and it said I was only 10% complete :(

I called captains club and they emailed a form to take to the pier, which has all of our passport info but not our credit card details. I am a little nervous but everything I've read here on CC says it's not a big deal.

Don't worry about the credit card information. On line check in only asks for the last 4 digits. They still have to swipe the card at check in. One cruise I lost my credit card the day before we left home so had to use a different on when we checked in.

Don't worry about the credit card information. On line check in only asks for the last 4 digits. They still have to swipe the card at check in. One cruise I lost my credit card the day before we left home so had to use a different on when we checked in.

I am mostly concerned because we don't have an Xpress pass to show to allow us to get past the first round of security and into the terminal. ;)