Fy into Abu Dhabi or Dubai?

blizzardboy

We've booked an Abu Dhabi to Singapore cruise. It appears that you can fly into Dubai then take a shuttle bus to the Abu Dhabi port, although I've seen flights to Abu Dhabi as well. Do I have this correct? We always fly a day or two early so I'm trying to figure out where we want to stay. If we stay in Dubai, do you take a shuttle or cab to the port?

Edited by blizzardboy

We've booked an Abu Dhabi to Singapore cruise. It appears that you can fly into Dubai then take a shuttle bus to the Abu Dhabi port, although I've seen flights to Abu Dhabi as well. Do I have this correct? We always fly a day or two early so I'm trying to figure out where we want to stay. If we stay in Dubai, do you take a shuttle or cab to the port?

We took a Celebrity cruise from Singapore to Dubai last year. The cruise ended in Dubai, but we took a tour (we had two nights in Dubai) of the 7 Emirates and went to Abu Dhabi to see the huge magnificent mosque (see it if you can). If you want to see something of Dubai, you could fly into the city and see the sites, then move on to Abu Dhabi. If you don't want to see Dubai, go directly to Abu Dhabi.

Here is my review of our trip.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

It really depends on what you want to see. Having lived in both cities there are major differences.

Dubai is glitz and glamour. Abu Dhabi is more traditional.

Flights to Dubai are probably cheaper. Only because there are more options.

There are buses , shuttles and even a taxi is not that expensive if you did fly via Dubai.

A taxi would maybe cost $80 USD.

There are more options for hotels as well.

What time of year is your cruise?

Feel free to ask for more information.

We are doing Abu Dhabi to Singapore in January. We are flying Emirates to Dubai, they offer a free shuttle to Abu Dhabi where we stay for a couple of days pre cruise. We visit Dubai as a port stop on the cruise. I would think if we stayed in Dubai we would book a transfer to the port. I know there is at least one company that does this

Edited by molly2kit