Drink costs

We are planning a Carnival cruise soon. Looking at the drink packages. Can someone tell me where I would go to find a listing of drink costs on board? How much is Beer, Wine, Cocktails, etc.?

We are planning a Carnival cruise soon. Looking at the drink packages. Can someone tell me where I would go to find a listing of drink costs on board? How much is Beer, Wine, Cocktails, etc.?

Just a reminder that Cheers! also includes all your non-alcoholic beverages as well - coffee from the coffee shop, vitamin water, shakes, bottled water....

any specialty coffee or shake is about 3.99, the others more in the 2.50-3.00 range (just a ballpark on the prices from April, we had Cheers so the S&S bill shows $0 :))

Unless you are a big drinker.....The cheers package is not worth it.

Hubby and I purchased it on one 4 day cruise (at the cost of about $400). I had to drink much more than I would have normally for me to get my moneys worth and even then I did not drink to meet the cost."

I also think they limit you to 15 drinks per day. If you average it out at $10 per drink times 2 people, that would only cost $300.

After figuring it out dollar wise...it was cheaper to just buy drinks.

Unless you are a big drinker.....The cheers package is not worth it.

Hubby and I purchased it on one 4 day cruise (at the cost of about $400). I had to drink much more than I would have normally for me to get my moneys worth and even then I did not drink to meet the cost."

I also think they limit you to 15 drinks per day. If you average it out at $10 per drink times 2 people, that would only cost $300.

After figuring it out dollar wise...it was cheaper to just buy drinks.

That would have been $300 a day. $10 x 15 drinks = $150 x 2 people = $300 x 4 days = $1200.

Just a reminder that Cheers! also includes all your non-alcoholic beverages as well - coffee from the coffee shop, vitamin water, shakes, bottled water....

any specialty coffee or shake is about 3.99, the others more in the 2.50-3.00 range (just a ballpark on the prices from April, we had Cheers so the S&S bill shows $0 :))

Or you can make you're own milkshake. Blender bottle + free ice cream + free milk ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This one has some of the bar menus. It seems fairly accurate. Beers are gonna run $5-6 and cocktails $9-10.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

I don't believe that's the latest version. On the Dream this March they had taken Long Island Iced Teas off the Classic menu, although they were still available at the Classic price. They also seem to change the selection of wines by the glass with each update to the drink menu.

Or you can make you're own milkshake. Blender bottle + free ice cream + free milk ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If by free ice cream you mean the soft serve from the lido the only way it resembles ice cream is that it's kind of frozen. The shakes from the coffee shop are made with real ice cream and a lot of it by somebody else in a real blender. And they are FREE with Cheers! And totally worth the $3.99 if you don't have it.

What I am loving about the new Cheers is that you can order drinks that could cost up to $50. While I don't know what drinks cost that much, I'm going to sample the more expensive wines that I normally don't get to drink. It's been a while since I cruised ... I don't remember the cost per glass of finer wines on a cruise. Anyone have an idea?

I don't see the Alchemy drinks listed in the link... They were 10.50 on the Triumph last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found it hard to find an updated price list. I do know though, the Alchemy drinks used to be $9.99. I think all the drink prices have increased. Since the new "enhanced" Cheers!, it makes some sort of sense. If Cheers! were the same, then the .51, up charge, would make the 10.50, not available, as it used to be "drinks up to $10". We personally have bought the program since it was 1st offered. Now, feel, it is even better. We never reached the 15 limit, no matter how hard we tried.:eek: But, now, with the non alcoholic drinks, not counting against the 15, we will definitely get our monies worth. I will be trying the specialty coffees, milkshakes, etc... 15 drinks sound like a lot. But, a bloody mary am, a few beers throughout the day, wine with dinner, couple of frozen drinks, that is already over the cost point. If you buy ala carte, 15% is added to each drink. With the program, the 15% is just added to the price of the package. Big difference. We bring $1's, to tip about every other drink, as the servers are losing out. We have compared our bills from before and after, and Cheers! has always been the least expensive.

What I am loving about the new Cheers is that you can order drinks that could cost up to $50. While I don't know what drinks cost that much, I'm going to sample the more expensive wines that I normally don't get to drink. It's been a while since I cruised ... I don't remember the cost per glass of finer wines on a cruise. Anyone have an idea?

I, too, am curious what would cost $50.? If you add a floater, that is considered 2 drinks. Unless they have some very expensive cognac or scotch,(which I don't drink) I can't imagine. I am not a wine snob, but I haven't ever noticed "fine" wine, in the MDR. Most seem $10-12 grocery store prices. Per bottle. Yes, I know there is a big markup, but, hopefully with the Cheers! price increase, and the $50. limit, there will be SOMETHING special! Have seen many threads about this, but, so far not seen any, that someone comes back and fills us in. Maybe, someone should start a thread asking for someone that did the new program to respond?

Apparently there are a couple drinks (brandy/cognac?) available in the Steakhouse that are in the $30 - $40 range. Besides that, you're looking at $6 - $13 for the vast majority of drinks.

The Mango Swirl was one of my favorites on Splendor a couple weeks ago. Really good on a hot day.

MDR had a Raspberry Mojito that ordered a few times, It was strong and it was good. I think it was $8.75ish

The frozen alcoholic drinks were my go to most of the time. good on a hot day and hit the spot. most of the cocktails we found to be about $8.75ish. Unless it was drink of the day then it was a $1 less for $7.75ish.

The good thing about beer is most of it comes in the 16oz aluminum bottles for $5-$8 depending on beer brand. Corona come in glass bottles so the bar tender will pour it into a plastic glass instead. It was a bummer though that they do not carry MGD Only Miller light.