Carnival Pride - Mini review 4/23-5/1 2016

Cyber Kat

Thanks for the review! I'm with you on a lot of things that you mentioned......if there is something that I'm not happy with, it isn't going to ruin my cruise! I sail on the Pride in a few weeks, May 29th......20 days to be exact, but who the heck is counting! :p This will be my 2nd sailing on her, but first since the 2.0 upgrades, and both from Baltimore!! CAN......NOT......WAIT!!!

Were you able to book the Stay and Sail through the web site? I called the general Best Western 800# and they had no clue what I was talking about.

You need to call the hotel directly. The 800 number does not know every promotion for every Best Western.

You need to call the hotel directly. The 800 number does not know every promotion for every Best Western.

Yes - I know this - That's why I was telling everyone to call the hotel direct :D Attthebuzzer said they were able to book through the website, so I asked how they did it.

The current price for the Best Western Park & Cruise Package including all taxes, fees and parking is $176.24. Base rate is $149. I confirmed with the hotel that is was good for a maximum of 30 days of parking since I will be gone for 21 days.

I booked through the website. Thanks for letting me know about this package, Parking at the port would have been $315.

The current price for the Best Western Park & Cruise Package including all taxes, fees and parking is $176.24. Base rate is $149. I confirmed with the hotel that is was good for a maximum of 30 days of parking since I will be gone for 21 days.

I booked through the website. Thanks for letting me know about this package, Parking at the port would have been $315.

Yep - heck of a deal even for us only going 7 days. By the time you figure parking at the port along with the cost and stress of "day of" travel it was a no brainer! ;)

Now we will have a relaxing afternoon/evening at the Inner Harbor and an "extra" stress-free day of vacation!

:)Thanks for the great review.

I noticed you stated:

We did a Stay and Sail package with the Best Western on O'Donnell St. It's in an industrial area, but the room was clean, the beds comfy and the hotel staff was great! They have a free shuttle to the Inner Harbor and you get a shuttle to the port for the cruise. You can leave your car for up to 30 days (I think) and breakfast is included.

How did you book this thru Best Western or another site.?

Do you mind me asking the price for stay and keeping you car there ?

Thanks

This hotel and package we recommended to us by other family that used it a couple of years ago.

We booked through the website - searched Baltimore and then chose the O'Donnell Street location. For our June stay (Saturday night only) it was a base rate of $149.00 - with taxes and fees it is $176.24.

The Park and Cruise rate is found on the Discount and Packages tab - it includes the room, parking "for the duration of your cruise", a full breakfast and shuttle service to the port.

They also offer shuttle service to the Inner Harbor and other local attractions.

Edited by happy cruzin

I sailed the week after you 5/1 Carnival Live Journey concert. balcony7238. Last time I was on the Pride was 5 yes ago. Nice to see the 2.0 upgrades. We had a blast as always & the crew was great. The HUB app is awesome & download before you get onboard. You can see the entire week of activities and mark favorites. I was disappointed that the only had karaoke 2 nights out of 7. Not sure if the concert had anything to do with it. Overall a fantastic cruise. Went with my wife and daughter with special needs. Heading out on the Splendor in December

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing your review.

I loved the American Table on the Pride - we had pretty good food for 21 days in a row and that's difficult to do.

The Pride has one of the best crews at sea - they are awesome.

Overall I agree the Pride has the best crew. We've had good crew on other ships, but it seems like everyone on the Pride is great - 2 cruises now!

Thanks for the great review. We are actually sailing 11/6 on the Pride and have room 6279. Have 2 questions. 1) how was the noise level in the room from both the elevators and people? 2) Did you feel any aft shake?

Thank you, Adrienne

Adrienne, we have that room on 7/10. I will make every effort to come back with pictures etc for you!