Just off the phone with the fabulous customer service at NCL

No need to expect compensation or discount from WDW and they wouldn't provide as they clearly state that things can close and they have no liability.
Pretty much the same as NCL. They can change ports and they have no liability. Not to mention, they are letting folks know 3 months ahead of the time GSC will be closed.

I have a link, but didn't think I was permitted to post. All is on the Disneyworld site. Select Things to Do, Attractions, scroll to the bottom and you'll see a section "Closed for Refurbishment". One of our favorite attractions is currently closed. I can either adjust my trip or understand that we wouldn't be able to visit that one in advance. The

information is in the Things to Do, Attractions area.

On my last trip to WDW we wanted to ride the newest Seven Dwarfs attraction. We had FastPasses, but the ride closed due to safety concerns during a heavy storm. It didn't work out for us to ride another time, things happen and hopefully we'll get back to try it out. If not life will go on and we had a fabulous visit anyway. No need to expect compensation or discount from WDW and they wouldn't provide as they clearly state that things can close and they have no liability.

Like I said, it's not on the main page. What percentage of people would go to a 3rd root directory for info that is not clearly labeled as such...

Yes, thanks for making my point for me. First several hits are from 3rd party sites. Then, as Disney knows most people are not going 4 layers deep on the site for info they don't know even exists. Disney knows if "it's a small world" is closed, it ain't posted on the home page.

Just like people not reading the passenger contract from a cruise line. That always states in some legal formality that the cruise line reserves the right to alter itinerary for any reason, without compensation.

Of course it's not verbatim, but the spirit of the meaning is mentioned.

Yes, thanks for making my point for me. First several hits are from 3rd party sites. Then, as Disney knows most people are not going 4 layers deep on the site for info they don't know even exists. Disney knows if "it's a small world" is closed, it ain't posted on the home page.

Just like people not reading the passenger contract from a cruise line. That always states in some legal formality that the cruise line reserves the right to alter itinerary for any reason, without compensation.

Of course it's not verbatim, but the spirit of the meaning is mentioned.

Guess you missed the link from disneyworld.disney.go.com for each attraction. You also missed the notices on the disney web site like "Soarin' - Opening June 17, 2016! is currently closed for refurbishment."

For me the difference is why I book a trip. Sometimes I book a specific cruised based on the ports...I really don't care about the ship or sometimes even the line. Our Med cruise is very port intensive, only one sea day out of 7...and we booked for that reason. If a port was cancelled after final

Payment I would be upset...it would depend on what they substituted as to how much. I definitely would not want another sea day in the Epic.

Conversely, we have taken cruises in DCL just to hang out in the ships, only getting off at Castaway.

I never go to A Disney park for one or two rides, it is about the experience.

It is all context. And I would never get upset at missing a port for weather or safety issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's funny to me that no one ever complains to Disney, when they spend THOUSANDS of dollars to goto one of there theme parks. Pay FULL price with absolutely ZERO notification just to find out several attractions are closed for refurb. Disney won't even give you a heads up, discount or give a S#*T. It's just part of life. Things happen. Schedules change.

Make the most of it, stop being a http://cdn-media-1.lifehack.org/wp-content/files/2015/09/25091249/01-Cover.jpg

Disney ALWAYS post their refurb schedule on line. You should never walk into a park and find out that something is closed for refurb unless of course you don't do your homework.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/closures