Coral Canyons Helmut Drive

bronxgirl09

Hi there

We did it a few years back and really enjoyed it. Whether it is worth it, is really relative. There a are lot of other things to do that might cost a little less.

You don't say how old your daughter is. How comfortable she is in the water. Have you done other things in Grand Cayman before etc...

Unless there was some height, weight or age restriction she would likely have a great time. You are brought out to an area where they will have a ladder going down to the ocean floor. The area around the coral is roped off. The helmet is placed on the person's shoulder just as they enter the water. That allows you to walk feeling almost weightlessness. (fun) Air is pumped through hoses from above. There will be divers watching the people (just in case there is a problem) and they will feed the fish. When we did it there were thousands of fish surrounding us. It was quite amazing.

If you go, do bring a water camera (even if it only a disposable)

hope this helps a bit

have a great cruise

Hi again

I just wanted to add...the company we did it with was called "Sea Trek".

You could probably look them up and call to see what their pricing was.

I agree with Capt. BJ., a resort course "dive" would definitely be a preferred experience. Again it depends on the person.

Edited by Nic6318

Thank you for responding to my question. My daughter is 19 years old and she loves the water. She's more adventurous than me. We will be going on Brilliance of the Seas in November. This will be our first going to Cayman islands and Cozumel.

• 1 month later...
Hi again

I just wanted to add...the company we did it with was called "Sea Trek".

You could probably look them up and call to see what their pricing was.

I agree with Capt. BJ., a resort course "dive" would definitely be a preferred experience. Again it depends on the person.

I just looked at the Sea Trek website, and it says you HAVE to do it through the ship excursions. What a bummer - since it's only 89 (79 if you have more than 4 people) through them. An extra $30pp is a lot!