What are the benefits of owning RCCL Stock?

We are stock holders on Carnival and do it for the OBC. Also lines does RCCL stock apply to? What is the current cost per share and how much do you need to own? Is it combineable?

thanks for any info!

Royal's shareholder benefit is not combinable with anything else you get from Royal.

Info here:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

• 2 months later...

shadow1234

I would have to say the RCL shareholder credit is pretty useless. We too were stock holders on Carnival and when we decided to try an RCL cruise, we purchased the stock because of our belief that we would get OBC as shareholders. Wrong! If you book under one of RCL's BOGO deals, the on board credit does not apply, because you've gotten such a "GREAT" deal on your booking rate. Since RCL offers a BOGO type of sail fairly regularly, I don't know anyone who wouldn't book at this rate.

I've had my stock for a few cruises and have not been able to enjoy OBC due to ownership. Since I wouldn't own it within my portfolio without the possibility of an OBC, I am considering selling it.

If you already have an RCL cruise booked, I would check with a representative to see if you became a shareholder would your fare qualify for the OBC. Be sure to get this in writing.

As you can tell, I am not a fan of the RCL non-OBC for shareholders program.

Thanks

ddaz

GBY

At $5.50 and $8.00 at the time, I almost paid for them through OBC LOL. I still own them and if/when they go up again, I will sell them.

PS should have sold them when the stock was in the $90 range.

Edited by north29

Royal's shareholder benefit is not combinable with anything else you get from Royal.

Info here:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

I used to get OBC with it fairly regularly, but now it's a rarity. Don't forget you also can use it for Celebrity (which I still managed to do on my last Celebrity cruise).

shadow1234

I would have to say the RCL shareholder credit is pretty useless. We too were stock holders on Carnival and when we decided to try an RCL cruise, we purchased the stock because of our belief that we would get OBC as shareholders. Wrong! If you book under one of RCL's BOGO deals, the on board credit does not apply, because you've gotten such a "GREAT" deal on your booking rate. Since RCL offers a BOGO type of sail fairly regularly, I don't know anyone who wouldn't book at this rate.

I was reading an article recently where people are starting to sue businesses for false advertising over these pricing games. By marking up the price of item and then offering a 50% discount, you aren't actually getting a sale price. You are just paying the regular price under the false pretense that it is a sale price. I can't stand these pricing games regardless of what business does it. Quit insulting my intelligence.

This isn't the article I had originally read, but it is relevant to anyone living in CA.

http://www.insidecounsel.com/2013/08/30/consumers-can-sue-stores-over-false-sales

I have been on 18 RCL cruises, some of them longer than the 7 days, so my numbers might be a little off, but I received the stockholder OBC on 9 of them totaling $1100. As others have said, sometimes you cannot use it. I have used it on the BOGO sales. It is not combinable with some promotions, but I can't clearly say which. Sometimes I think I won't get it, but apply for it anyway and it is applied. Other times, not so much. I am taking a B2B in a couple of weeks, booked at different times. One gets the OBC, the other doesn't. AND, if you use your C&A benefits for a balcony discount, I believe that is not combinable. However, I usually book an inside. I find it fun to have and it gives me a little entertainment value when I am checking my portfolio. :D

I have been on 18 RCL cruises, some of them longer than the 7 days, so my numbers might be a little off, but I received the stockholder OBC on 9 of them totaling $1100. As others have said, sometimes you cannot use it. I have used it on the BOGO sales. It is not combinable with some promotions, but I can't clearly say which. Sometimes I think I won't get it, but apply for it anyway and it is applied. Other times, not so much. I am taking a B2B in a couple of weeks, booked at different times. One gets the OBC, the other doesn't. AND, if you use your C&A benefits for a balcony discount, I believe that is not combinable. However, I usually book an inside. I find it fun to have and it gives me a little entertainment value when I am checking my portfolio. :D

I too have received the OBC for most of my cruises. On a couple of occasions it was half the normal OBC due to a C&A discount I received. Regardless, I have found the stock beneficial for the OBC benefit. But even more, I like RCCL and am glad to own stock in them. I have found that my investments into companies I am passionate about has paid off way better then in investments in stocks recommended to me.

Bought it at $10, sold it at $70. In between, the 100 shares gave us on average $100+ a year in dividends. The shareholder OBC (which we never were able to use) is $100, so the dividends gave us the equivalent OBC on one cruise a year. The $6,000 profit on the sale gave us three "free" cruises (one of which we did on Disney :)). We didn't buy the stock for the perk, we bought it for its ability to generate value to our portfolio.

We've found it to be totally useless over the last few years because RCCL considers just about every fare to be not combinable with the shareholders benefit. Have however enjoyed the increase in value of the stock although it's down about 25% from it's peak.

• 3 weeks later...
At $5.50 and $8.00 at the time, I almost paid for them through OBC LOL. I still own them and if/when they go up again, I will sell them.

PS should have sold them when the stock was in the $90 range.

We did sell when it was in the 90s. Happy we did!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk