Goodbye Funville!

I can understand them shuttering it, I've only been to it twice in the last 6 months and only then to see if anyone knew the facebook page for the cruise I was interested in. However I still think they should create a place on Facebook where people can put links to roll calls the way Cruise Critic does....

Dear Funville Member,

Nearly 10 years ago, we launched Funville to help folks plan their cruises. The internet has changed since then, and today people research and plan travel differently. We've adapted Funville over time as well - many early members remember changes based on their feedback!

We know you guys love connecting with Carnival and other cruisers on the forums, and we love that you've made it "your place" online... in the same way many people think of Carnival as their place for vacation. We've spent the last few months surveying visitors, reading the forums and researching how Funville is actually being used in 2016.

This led to the tough decision to close Funville this summer. We found that while active members are as passionate as ever, there's a clear trend towards larger social platforms. Our Facebook and Twitter pages are great places to connect with cruisers and Carnival in real-time. You also probably know John Heald - our Sr. Cruise Director/Brand Ambassador - and his Facebook page is an incredibly active place. John hosts daily (sometimes hourly!) conversations about cruising, and all are welcome there.

We owe you our thanks for all the love you've put into Funville over the years, and we'd like to stay in touch. Should you have questions or comments please feel free to contact us in any of the following places:

Facebook.com/Carnival

Facebook.com/JohnHeald

Twitter.com/@carnivalcruise

Twitter.com/@cclSupport

Sincerely,

The Funville Team

With the exception of roll calls, I like CruiseCritic much better. Seems to be more people, more action, quicker responses.

Funville is better for roll calls, because of the **** rules here where you cannot even mention social media.