Margaritaville - Hollywood

Since there a is wealth of local knowledge here - I thought I'd ask a few questions. Next month we are staying at Margaritaville for a week. I got a kick ass internet special last February and we couldn't pass it up.

We've been to Hollywood several times, usually stay at the Marriott, so we know the lay of the land. I'm trying not to spend a million dollars on food, I have a 14 and 16 year old that eat us out of house and home. When we travel, we either cruise so food isn't an issue, or we skip around for 2 nights here, 3 nights there 2 nights here. I usually like to squeeze a Residence Inn or Embassy Suites in there to get the free breakfasts, and fridge in the room I don't think Margaritaville has a fridge in the room, and that would take away alot of our snack foods, dips, milk.

I'm obsessing about trying to keep our food budget in check. I'm not looking to starve us or eat McDonald's every day, every meal. We will go out nice every night. I just need some ideas on where to get decent cheaper lunches, and easy breakfasts. FTR we really do not like the pizza at Florios. So we can just skip over that suggestion.

I don't want to check on the Disney boards (DIS), some of those folks will just tell me to bring a crock pot along....LOL and i have not interest in that. LOL

Right across the street is a burger place called Le Tub. The burgers are incredible but the wait time can be very long after 5:00 pm. The burgers are worth the wait and the place is really cool right on the intercoastal.

I second the Le Tub recommendation.

Also on the Intracoastal, just south of Le Tub are these places:

My favorite place is Giorgio's Bakery. It is a great place for breakfast and lunch.

GG's is Giorgio's sister restaurant, but it is more pricey.

Taverna Opa for Greek. It can get pricey but portions are served family-style.

Billy's Stone Crab, if you want to treat yourselves to seafood. Stone crab season ends this month, so you may miss out.

I second the Le Tub recommendation.

Also on the Intracoastal, just south of Le Tub are these places:

My favorite place is Giorgio's Bakery. It is a great place for breakfast and lunch.

GG's is Giorgio's sister restaurant, but it is more pricey.

Taverna Opa for Greek. It can get pricey but portions are served family-style.

Billy's Stone Crab, if you want to treat yourselves to seafood. Stone crab season ends this month, so you may miss out.

Thanks - This Greek gal can not stand Taverna. LOL. We've been there at least 5 times and have finally given up, we were in Hollywood last month and didn't go, I still wanted to give it the college try, and the DH was adamant about not going. Its more on the middle eastern side than the European side.

I'm going to put GG's on the list and LeTub too.

Crock pot! OMG! LOL! I can't think of a way to nasty up a hotel room with a dirty crock pot and dishes. Where do you wash it?

My suggestion will be to get a cooler and keep snacks, drinks, and beer in it. You'll want it for the beach.

Also, Publix deli has amazing subs and fried chicken that is fun to eat on the beach.

There are a zillion restaurants on site that will offer decently priced meals but keep in mind you are still in a resort.

Next to Le Tub is Flickerlight, Not resort prices like Margaritaville, but still

a little higher than non beach restaurants.

Downtown Hollywood has loads of trendy resturants, most have happy hour

prices for meals.

Funny story...I hadn't been to Le Tub in a very long time, so long that I forgot what it was like. I picked up a friend (hadn't seen her since high school) at the airport to take her to her Hollywood hotel, and decided to stop at Le Tub for lunch on the way there for burgers. The burgers were very big, but they were served on disposable plates. We requested water and were told to get it ourselves from a cooler. Well, my friend told me that it was a good thing that I took her there and not any of the other women we had gone to school with, because they would have been horrified, LOL! She did have a point. :D

Crock pot! OMG! LOL! I can't think of a way to nasty up a hotel room with a dirty crock pot and dishes. Where do you wash it?

My suggestion will be to get a cooler and keep snacks, drinks, and beer in it. You'll want it for the beach.

Also, Publix deli has amazing subs and fried chicken that is fun to eat on the beach.

There are a zillion restaurants on site that will offer decently priced meals but keep in mind you are still in a resort.

Yes Crock pot. The DIS has a budget board and so many recommend the crock pot. They use the crock pot liner, and paper plates, etc. The thought of it makes me nauseous.

I'm using each and every one of your suggestions. We adore Publix chicken!! How could I have forgotten about it???

We ate at Land Shark a couple weeks ago. It was fair, nothing to write home about.

Thanks everyone!