The Quest and our American cousins

Broch

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Re - Topic on the Quest-----

Hello Maryjohn from Forfar. Have not seen many Scots on the forum so it was good to see your comment about the American Language. Mind you we have some strange language too. We have had some wonderfull times with american people on board especially doing the Quest of which I too was on the video. Yes and we both have a laugh at each other words which is part of the enjoyment of meeting people. Some British people say dont cruise RCCL because their ships are full of AMERICANS. Rubbish they are wonderfull people and we have always had fun in team games such as the quest and quizzes. We are only jealous because we have to pay for the long flights from the North of Scotland and don't get the discounts that the Americans do, but it is worth it just to meet our U.S. cousins, and have fun. I look forward to having a dram (a whisky) with them on our next cruise to Eastern Caribbean

I agree, cruising would not be as fun if we didn't get to meet people from other cultures. Half the fun is trying to figure out where everyone is from. Enjoy the differances and learning to accept them is why we take our kids. I never left the States until I entered the service. Needless to say I had some preconceived ideas of other countries. Thank God, I had the opportunity to shatter most of them during that time of my life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Re - Topic on the Quest-----

Some British people say dont cruise RCCL because their ships are full of AMERICANS.

The Brits that feel like that are more than welcome to hang out together on the QE2. They are probably just pouting about the licking we gave them in our Revolutionary War anyway!:eek: :D

Broch - nice to hear from a fellow Scot. Just back from our last cruise - backtoback on the Navigator - there were lots of Scottish people on this cruise but don't see many on the boards.

We also love meeting other people and find the Americans are really friendly - they also love hearing about Scotland. Like you, we hate the long flights (and the cost) but would not think of cruising any other way!!!

Royal Caribbean every time!!! \maybe we will try out of Southamp;ton some time but think the journey over could be quite rough!!!

The Brits that feel like that are more than welcome to hang out together on the QE2. They are probably just pouting about the licking we gave them in our Revolutionary War anyway!:eek: :D

Don't forget the war of 1812! We're also known to invade the British Isles, lets see wasn't that 1942-1945. They kind of wanted us around then, of course the Brits came back in the sixties, Beatles, Stones, Dave Clark Five and Petula.

And to our Scottish cousins we than kyou for Sean Connery, the real James Bond and of course Scotch Whiskey, truely the best in the world, oh and my Kilt from my Mothers side of the family (Stewart Clan).

For us Irish...........eventho we are Americans. We have had some delightful elders in their kilts & full uniforms on formal night.

Now, I can ask you since I won't be thrown off the board for doing so. So my cousin, what exactly is Quest. I am a Celebrity cruiser movimng over to FOS in October '06 & other RCCL cruises (same company & am a stockholder). I hear so much on this yet no idea what it is exactly.

See Leslie RN 72's post to find out that it is a scavenger hunt game played in one of the lounges. I hope they do it on the Explorer as we are going on her first week in May. Usually they have four - six in a team and especially after a few pre and post dinner drinks or no drinks at all it can be quite fun. A sure way to meet other people. I also agree with other posters it takes all kinds to make a world, but it is a great world out there and the world has some great people. We have a saying in Scotland " We are all Jock Thomsons Bairns";) By the way 1812 great overture. Was that not against the English.

Just a reminder from an experience RCCL cruiser!

It is better not to know all about QUEST before seeing it! But trus the boards, you will never regret going!!

And YES, quest is a major part of each RCCL cruise, or so I've been told.

HAVE FUN!

Broch

Sailed NYC to Southampton on QEII and loved every minute. Met a lot of

lovely people. Also enjoyed our trip to Scotland. My husband's grandparents

came from Kirkintilloch, so I bake scones and serve him mince and totties.

The War of 1812 wasn't against the British, it was the British again us.

And the wonderful overture was Napoleon against Moscow.

This little planet is capable of hosting multiple wars!

Nice one jagsfan. Mince & Tatties or Totties as they say in Kirkintilloch best meal in the world, and the funny thing about everyone in Scotland has a different way of making it. Wonder if RCI would put it on their Menu for Lunch.

:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice one jagsfan. Mince & Tatties or Totties as they say in Kirkintilloch best meal in the world, and the funny thing about everyone in Scotland has a different way of making it. Wonder if RCI would put it on their Menu for Lunch.

Archived