SALEl

MrsMoose2001

Cashmere weater sale $59.99 for 1 $99 for 2

http://www.smartbargains.com/go.sb?pagename=prod&fcloc=event&ev=2358&evn=Cashmere+Sweaters+2+For+%2499&ltype=1&deptid=9&catid=1449&prodid=1058284942

or www.smartbargains.com and you will see a lot of stuff on sale incluidng kitchen stuff

For Bobby's Girl, this place has kitchen stuff on sale.

For the lady looking for comfy flats they had some Hogans on sale at 1/2 price depending on your size. Other shoes on sale too.

Oh I didn't realize that, well I had never shopped from them so that's why I didn't know. I know it's really frustrating for me too when they say they don't "ship to Canada".

Unless you have someone in the US who can take the package and reship to you - no. I have a friend but I have only asked once as it is a hassle. I have only asked once and that was fine as it was a special vitamin I wanted for my mom. He would do it for something like that but not for "non-essential items".

Sorry Bobby's Girl. Oh btw, bloomies is having 20% off on their catalog items this week.

Just an FYI but someone told me a long time ago that how you can tell a good cashmere sweater from a cheap one aside from they ply, is whether or not the sleeves have been sewn on or knitted on.

Yes and no.

The two constructions are called "cut and sewn" vs "fully fashioned". Fully fashioned is a machine that knits the sleeves onto the sweater on one knitting machine rather than sewing the sleeves on in the same manner than at blouse sleeve would be sewn on.

Fully Fashioned is not as common as it was in the past and years ago, anything that was cut and sewn was deemed lesser quality. Those machines that make fully fashioned sweaters are very expensive. But then those were the days when most sweaters looked the same and there was so much less variety in styles. All cashmeres were basic looking with either a crew, V or turtleneck. So back then, getting one that was fully fashioned meant you were getting a better quality garment.

However, the fully fashioned sweater has a distinct look which many people (and designers) don't like and so they dropped out of favor. They make the sweater appear to be a little more "missy" and less contemporary looking. I used to work at a major sportswear company and every year we offered our turtleneck cashmere sweaters in both the fully fashioned or cut and sewn versions. We sold them at the same price and sold more of the cut and sewn, even though the fully fashioned was more expensive to make and we didn't pass on the costs. It's really a matter of which look you prefer.

Jane

Archived