Pressing question from our 15 year old! SUSHI

4olivers

Our kids are serious foodies [emoji12][emoji39] the 15 year old has asked me post here to find out of there will be sushi offered on the Coral Princess? If not...any great sushi spots at the ports?? (Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway?? Even Denali?)

Thanks for all the tips and responses to all my other posts, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Most buffets will have some sushi at lunch time. If the 15 year old is a true foodie, they will find this to be under par. It's not made fresh while you wait, a tray will be put out. Very limited selection and it does dry out quickly.

I've not looked for sushi at the ports in Alaska. When we visited Denali eight years ago, the only other place to eat outside the compound of the lodge, was a Subway. There was a family style show/restaurant inside and one other place to eat. It may have grown since our visit.

Have a great cruise. There will be salmon on the menu all the time. One of my favorite places to go for just that reason.

Our kids are serious foodies [emoji12][emoji39] the 15 year old has asked me post here to find out of there will be sushi offered on the Coral Princess? If not...any great sushi spots at the ports?? (Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway?? Even Denali?)

Thanks for all the tips and responses to all my other posts, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Itty, bitty disappointing selection at the Horizon Court at lunch time. Put your teenager to work on the internet looking for sushi spots in the ports of call - let them do a bit of research to make things more interesting. Lots of help is available on the web to find sushi restaurants along with lots of reviews. I use it to find sushi on the mainland when we travel - really good sushi, not mediocre sushi.

Remember the good old days when we told them to get out the dictionary and look it up or go to the encyclopedias and library???

If they like "real" sushi they will be horribly disappointed. California Roll type stuff just doesn't cut it if one likes sushi. It's like comparing McDonald's chicken nuggets to a well-made Chicken Kiev or a good Chico Cordon Bleu. In other words, no comparison at all.

My son is a 14 year old sushi lover, as am I. Don't waste space in your stomach with the stuff on Princess. Even what they serve in Vines(if they have one on your cruise)is junk. It is truly awful.