Drinks package questions

grouchomarx

I have never sailed Celebrity so I have some questions about drink packages. I notice they are offering a classic beverage package as a freebie for a cruise I was looking at.

1) I notice the price limit is quite low for the classic, should I expect that most cocktails will be excluded? (I like cosmos, martinis, G&T, mojitos, stuff like that)

2) Does either the classic or premium package include bottled water or soda?

3) Do they charge a gratuity on the free promotion?

4) Where/how to you claim this promotion during booking?

5) I have read here that I can upgrade to the premium package, is this something I would have to do onboard?

Sorry if this has been covered excessively before, I never looked at the Celebrity boards before today. Thanks for your help.

1) I notice the price limit is quite low for the classic, should I expect that most cocktails will be excluded? (I like cosmos, martinis, G&T, mojitos, stuff like that)

Generally, you can get call brands of these beverages within the classic limit. You can't, however, get a Grey Goose martini. Whenever you go to a bar, just let them know you are on the classic package and you want a G&T. They'll take care of you. Not sure at the martini bar... some bartenders are accommodating, others not as much.

Yes to both :)

The brands are more limited on classic (e.g. no Perrier).

No, but any upgrade is charged the gratuity on the upgrade amount. E.g. $10/day upgrade actually costs $11.80 / day ($10 + $1.80 gratuity).

Tell your Travel Agent (or Celebrity) when booking.

5) I have read here that I can upgrade to the premium package, is this something I would have to do onboard?

You can do ahead of time or on board. On board, you can use your OBC, whereas you have to pay out of pocket if you upgrade ahead of time. If you don't have any OBC, then it really doesn't matter.

In general, this (https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf) is a good overview of what's in and what's out. But not everything is available on every voyage at every bar...

Generally, you can get call brands of these beverages within the classic limit. You can't, however, get a Grey Goose martini. Whenever you go to a bar, just let them know you are on the classic package and you want a G&T. They'll take care of you. Not sure at the martini bar... some bartenders are accommodating, others not as much.

Yes to both :)

The brands are more limited on classic (e.g. no Perrier).

No, but any upgrade is charged the gratuity on the upgrade amount. E.g. $10/day upgrade actually costs $11.80 / day ($10 + $1.80 gratuity).

Tell your Travel Agent (or Celebrity) when booking.

You can do ahead of time or on board. On board, you can use your OBC, whereas you have to pay out of pocket if you upgrade ahead of time. If you don't have any OBC, then it really doesn't matter.

In general, this (https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf) is a good overview of what's in and what's out. But not everything is available on every voyage at every bar...

THANK YOU very much, this is extremely helpful information!

I logged on to the celebrity web site, went to the section about 'my cruise' scrolled down to the section about adding a drinks package and clicked on a link that listed ALL the drinks covered in the classic an premium drinks packages.

Took a bit of finding, but it was there!

As for cocktail. Tell them you are on the classics package and ask for the cocktail you want and they'll mix it with the spirits in your price band. ( that was our experience)

This is the link for what is included in each package

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Also, just FYI, pretty much all of the martini's served at the martini bar are over the limit for the classic package.

You will get a bartender (on some occasions) to make you a smaller classic martini or a cosmo, but according to some reports here on CC, that varies from ship to ship.

If you are a martini drinker it definitely pays to bump up to the premium package, so you can enjoy this bar. The cost of upgrading is $11.80 a day (that's with the gratuity included) which winds up to be the cost of one of the specialty martinis per day.

Another thing to note, if you have the premium package and your drink is over the cost of what's allowed, you will only pay the difference. If you have the classic package you will incur the entire price of the drink, not the difference

Hi ,

There are only 4 martinis you get on the classic package, we had frozen cocktails and plenty of other cocktails and you can upgrade your package on board up until 4 days before the end of the cruise. We didn't bother as we got everything we wanted on the classic.