Carnival Hub

cruiser12

No one knows

Carnival sort of announced a roll out schedule but got behind in the roll outs a long time ago.

To clarify the HUB app, it's only available on the ships listed when you launch it.

Free to use the basic features on those ships.

If you want the person to person chat feature, each person who wants to use it must pay the $5 fee. The chat feature does not allow messaging except to those people on the ship who have paid the $5 fee. You cannot message to people at home.

So if a party of 2 - $10

Party of 4 - $20

John Heald posted this on his F*ceB**k page today:

The HUBB app is very popular as I said and the next ship to have it available is Carnival Triumph later this month followed by 2 more ships each month and hopefully most of the fleet up and running by years end

Of course, they made the same claim last year and haven't followed their schedule

Edited by lizardhowson

In theory it was worth it on Breeze several months ago, but there was sometimes a HUGE lag time with the messages being sent. I won't use it again.

Also, I don't want to be tied to my damned phone like I have to be on land.

So if I just want to look at the fun times, that's free?

Yes. Everything is free except the ability to chat with others on the cruise. There's not a pdf of the FT on the app, it's more like a TV guide type of layout. You can check your folio and other things for free too.

We found it to be helpful on our last cruise. There were 3 couples, one was on a different deck. When we wanted to let others know where to meet, we just sent a group message. A few times there was a delay before the messages were received, but most of the time they went through quickly. Note that it's $5 per device, and also per login. I could send messages from my phone, but not from my ipad. If I logged into the hub as my hubby so I could see both our S&S charges, I could not send messages without paying to sign him up. So, the lesson is if 2 on the same account are only going to buy 1 plan, it's easier to make it the main person in the cabin so you can look at both S&S accounts and message without logging one out & the other on. I did like being able to look at the activities - have used that feature on Freedom & Breeze in the past.

One of the couples bought the social plan for only 2 days during the cruise so they could send fb messages to their son & they really liked that. Anything that costs $ will have a confirm page, so you aren't likely to accidentally purchase.

The only drawback for me was having to have my phone with me.

$5 per cruise only for the chat feature per person (login). Everything else is free to use.

No this is wrong. It is $5.00 per day, per login, e.g. if two people want to only check/update on FB (no chat), a single account ($5/day) suffices. Person "A" would need to log off if person "B" wanted to log on and look at FB.

No this is wrong. It is $5.00 per day, per login, e.g. if two people want to only check/update on FB (no chat), a single account ($5/day) suffices. Person "A" would need to log off if person "B" wanted to log on and look at FB.

NO IT'S NOT! We're taking about the chat feature WITHIN the Hub App itself. The Social Media Plan is the one that gives you Facebook at that is $5 per DAY. And yes you can use FB Messenger with the SMP.

Edited by firemanbobswife

These are the Internet pans which are separate from the Hub App which is what was being discussed here. Notice the $5 per DAY or the discounted rate for the whole cruise. The second pic is from the Hub App which is $5 PER CRUISE. Take note of the differences.

c0312f06f7dc13dd40d946a02b294a82.jpg

f014984480a1108658a803fdf347464a.jpg

If you buy the Hub Chat feature can you select specific contacts individually or does everyone in your group see them?

For instance, I'm traveling with a large group, each of whom plan to get the app, but can I also independently chat with my kids and not have everyone else see it?

If you buy the Hub Chat feature can you select specific contacts individually or does everyone in your group see them?

For instance, I'm traveling with a large group, each of whom plan to get the app, but can I also independently chat with my kids and not have everyone else see it?

Yes, it's similar to phone texting. You can choose to message an individual or create a group chat.

You each get a login so you would add the people that you want to communicate with. It's not a "group" site per say. You text them just like you would text normally from what I understand.

Steve is correct - you can group text or text individually. We did it several times on Freedom. There were only 6 of us, but trying to get us all in one place was at times like herding cats!