Upgrade?!

citcatt1

I got an e-mail from carnival today asking me if I wanted to upgrade from the upper deck balcony to the Panorama deck balcony for $40.00 total.I did it but now I'm not sure if I did the right thing.

That depends. Just because Carnival says it's an upgrade doesn't mean it is.

Before accepting any offers, I always look what is below and above me. If it is cabins, that's good. If it's above the disco or a venue that plays music all night, under the lido deck where they will be dragging chairs around at night or early in the morning, under the galley, under the tile areas in the buffet, or under the gym, then I consider that a game changer and would refuse. These cabins are also many times a higher tier according to Carnival but I would never stay in them.

So as long as you're happy with where you're cabin is located, then it's a good deal.

Trust me, you did the right thing. For our Conquest cruise in 2003 out of NOLA, we had six cabins booked on the Empress Deck. One of the cabins held three people and for some reason, Carnival changed it to hold only two. They upgraded all six cabins to the Panorama Deck for free. It was a smart move on their part because now that's all we book.

What we like about that deck is that if you are on the Lido deck and forget something, it's a quick trip back to your cabin. You can also run back to your cabin to use your own bathroom instead of the ones on the Lido Deck that can be quite a mess on sea days. I think you will really enjoy the Panorama Deck, especially seeing how you got it for only $40 more.

On the Panorama Deck, there is only cabins below and above you. It is also a shorter deck so there is a lot less foot traffic.

Edited by RWolver672

That depends. Just because Carnival says it's an upgrade doesn't mean it is.

Before accepting any offers, I always look what is below and above me. If it is cabins, that's good. If it's above the disco or a venue that plays music all night, under the lido deck where they will be dragging chairs around at night or early in the morning, under the galley, under the tile areas in the buffet, or under the gym, then I consider that a game changer and would refuse. These cabins are also many times a higher tier according to Carnival but I would never stay in them.

So as long as you're happy with where you're cabin is located, then it's a good deal.

Oh I did I have the carnival book with the deck plans and I got to choose the room. There are cabins above and below, the only thing I'm worried about is sea sickness because of location.

Oh I did I have the carnival book with the deck plans and I got to choose the room. There are cabins above and below, the only thing I'm worried about is sea sickness because of location.

Oh good. It is true that the further up you are, the more motion you will feel. Hopefully it will be calm seas and you won't have to worry about it. Lots of people really enjoy being close to the action!

Edited by firemanbobswife

Trust me, you did the right thing. For our Conquest cruise in 2003 out of NOLA, we had six cabins booked on the Empress Deck. One of the cabins held three people and for some reason, Carnival changed it to hold only two. They upgraded all six cabins to the Panorama Deck for free. It was a smart move on their part because now that's all we book.

What we like about that deck is that if you are on the Lido deck and forget something, it's a quick trip back to your cabin. You can also run back to your cabin to use your own bathroom instead of the ones on the Lido Deck that can be quite a mess on sea days. I think you will really enjoy the Panorama Deck, especially seeing how you got it for only $40 more.

On the Panorama Deck, there is only cabins below and above you. It is also a shorter deck so there is a lot less foot traffic.

Thank you! You made me feel better about my decision....what about motion though do you think you could feel the ship moving more on the higher deck?

Thank you! You made me feel better about my decision....what about motion though do you think you could feel the ship moving more on the higher deck?

Not much more, if any more. If concerned, take some Bonine.:)

We've never felt any more motion up there than we did at any other level on the ship. The only time there was a lot of motion was when the seas were real rough one sea day. There was a lot of motion all over the ship that day no matter what deck you were on.

We usually take a cabin right inside the doors which puts us just a little forward of midship. Even that high up, you get little movement because you're at the pivot point compared to forward or aft when the ship hits waves.

Hey, I see I just joined the 5000 club!

Edited by RWolver672
Joined the club.