Harmony Lunch Options

Hoping a few can help with experience on the sister ships perhaps.

I was wondering what lunch options could be available on Harmony. We sail in June and I was hoping to Lunch at Jamie's Italian one day however it can't be pre-booked. Is it even open?

Is Sorrentos open all day too or just evening?

And Izumi?

I was wondering what lunch options could be available on Harmony. We sail in June and I was hoping to Lunch at Jamie's Italian one day however it can't be pre-booked. Is it even open?

And Izumi?

Royal does not take pre-cruise lunch reservations for specialty restaurants.

It's hard to say if Jamie's is open for a ship that has not had a revenue sailing yet.

Sorrento's is open all day on the other Oasis class ships.

And Izumi?

I will be following this as well. I want to have a nice lunch on embarkation day instead of the Windjammer which in most cases is pretty busy...I do remember on her sister ships we made reservations for Izumi online. There was an Italian place (Giovanni's) and we also made reservations in advance for lunch on embarkation day and it was great. Not crowed and fun also. We had a party of 12 that day. With Harmony being a bit different, I am not sure yet how things will be done and will be watching closely;) We could stop in Sorrentos anytime and especially late for that before bed treat :D

Royal does not take pre-cruise lunch reservations for specialty restaurants.

It's hard to say if Jamie's is open for a ship that has not had a revenue sailing yet.

Sorrento's is open all day on the other Oasis class ships.

OMG when did that happen!!!! My last Royal cruise was 2014 and we booked Izumi and Gionanni's in advance :eek:

On the reservation page it does state Jamie's is open for lunch and dinner. I was hoping to have lunch the first day. Oh well

If it's open for lunch on embarkation day, you should be able to show up and get a table if you're not too late boarding.

On the Quantum Jamie´s was open for Lunch.

There was a short version from the Dinner Menu and a smaller Price,

but you can´t prebook for Lunch

THANKS!!!!...I am saddened, but will have to figure out something as we have another large group and want to have lunch together but not in the Windjammer :(

For lunch though? I can't recall seeing lunch reservations at a specialty restaurant.

I think you can make lunch reservations on board, but it's been a while since Royal has allowed lunch reservations pre-cruise.

For lunch though? I can't recall seeing lunch reservations at a specialty restaurant.

Well they did..I personally made the reservations in advance for my family of 12 for Giovanni's on embarkation day (LUNCH) and at Izumi's for 2 days later (LUNCH) and that advance reservation was for 10 :D I had to have everyones cruise number and I paid for them all...It was nice to already have everything planned out..Wish it were still that way :(

jamie's was open for lunch on quantum and anthem, but you could not make advance reservations.

giovanni's is open for lunch on oasis and allure. on our last allure cruise (i think 2013) we could make advance lunch reservations, but royal no longer allows it. you just have to show up.

jamie's was not crowded for lunch on either quantum or anthem, but was booked solid for dinner.

giovanni's on allure was a nightmare on our embarkation day, but i heard that was because they held the B2B cruisers lunch there, and there were a ton of B2Bers. others have reported it's pretty empty at lunch usually. we leave this sunday for allure and plan to do giovanni's lunch on embarkation day again, so i can report back. we usually eat a light lunch so doubt we'll do specialty restaurants for other lunches; we only do it for embarkation day because i hate schlepping my bags around a buffet. :)

jamie's was open for lunch on quantum and anthem, but you could not make advance reservations.

giovanni's is open for lunch on oasis and allure. on our last allure cruise (i think 2013) we could make advance lunch reservations, but royal no longer allows it. you just have to show up.

jamie's was not crowded for lunch on either quantum or anthem, but was booked solid for dinner.

giovanni's on allure was a nightmare on our embarkation day, but i heard that was because they held the B2B cruisers lunch there, and there were a ton of B2Bers. others have reported it's pretty empty at lunch usually. we leave this sunday for allure and plan to do giovanni's lunch on embarkation day again, so i can report back. we usually eat a light lunch so doubt we'll do specialty restaurants for other lunches; we only do it for embarkation day because i hate schlepping my bags around a buffet. :)

Thanks Robin...I was starting to think i was crazy!!! It was 2014 for me when we could book in advance. It is nice to know ahead of time we will have to make plans to head to Jaime's as soon as we get on. ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!:D

We like to eat at Sabor on the Boardwalk on embarkation day. It is very quiet in there because either people don't know about it yet, or they don't think about it for lunch that first day. No rush, no crowds and very nice to sit outside(sort of) on the first part of our vacation! Also it is great watching people explore the boardwalk for the first time!

Guess I shouldn't bring it up or it will start getting busy! :eek:

We like to eat at Sabor on the Boardwalk on embarkation day. It is very quiet in there because either people don't know about it yet, or they don't think about it for lunch that first day. No rush, no crowds and very nice to sit outside(sort of) on the first part of our vacation! Also it is great watching people explore the boardwalk for the first time!

Guess I shouldn't bring it up or it will start getting busy! :eek:

Lol!!!! too late, you gave me a fresh new idea...ha ha ha ha...we might switch to Sabor ;):D

• 4 months later...
We have a large group of 19. Are there any included lunch options on boarding day besides Windjammer? It would be nice to have lunch together since we will be celebrating a 50th anniversary that day.

I am hoping someone answers your post. I am looking at either Jaime's or Sabor on Embarkation Day, for 12-14 and not sure how to go about it:confused: I will be watching closely for responses ;)