Jade Cancelled Cruises for Charters Feb 5- March 12, 2017

djmess

Got my official notice today that the Jade sailings out of Tampa Feb 5 to March 12, 2017 are cancelled for the Sixthman Charters.

Here's the letter:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Jade's 7-Day Western Caribbean sailing from Tampa, Florida from

February 5, 2017 through March 12, 2017. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward

this information to their clients.

Because the ship has been chartered the 7-Day Western Caribbean sailings departing on these dates are no longer available.

Norwegian is offering guests currently booked and fully deposited on this sailing the following options:

Option 1: Select the Norwegian Dawn's 7-Day Western Caribbean sailing from New Orleans from January 8, 2017 through April 6, 2017 and your cruise

fare will be protected. If you choose this option and booked an Inside or Oceanview room, a $50 onboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If

you booked a Balcony or Mini Suite, a $75 onboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories

beginning with S or H) you will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges.

Option 2: Select the Norwegian Epic's 7-Day Western Caribbean sailing from Port Canaveral from January 14, 2017 through March 25, 2017 and your

cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option and booked an Inside or Oceanview room, a $50 onboard credit will be applied to your onboard

account. If you booked a Balcony or Mini Suite, a $75 onboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite

(categories beginning with S or H) you will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding

service charges.

Option 3: Select any available sailing in our fleet at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards the new sail date. If you choose this

option and booked an Inside or Oceanview room, a $50 onboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If you booked a Balcony or Mini Suite, a

$75 onboard credit will be applied to your onboard account If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H) you will receive a $100

per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges.

Norwegian will also cover up to $300 maximum per person air change fees. We look forward to hearing from you by May 25, 2016, so that we can modify

your reservation. If we don't hear from you by May 25, 2016, your reservation will be cancelled. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support

line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00am to 7:00pm ET Monday through Friday.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you.

interesting sixthman charter till the 12th. i'm booked for the 12th not sixthman though. guess i'll wait and see if my travel agent notifies me.

sorry but there is a charter through sixthman from12-19th Cayamo I believe its called so you will get info soon

Thanks for the heads up. We knew it was coming but it's nice that they're doing far enough ahead so that you can get your preferred cabin anyway.

Hope it works out well for you.

Now if they'd just confirm when the dry dock is, that would be really great. Jade was to be in dd from Mar. 10th - 27th :rolleyes:

Here's the Sixthman schedule of events/cruises

http://www.sixthman.net/festivals/

Edited by All-ready2cruise

VERY upset still about this.... we were booked in a Suite on the Jade (booked last year in March) for the 4 of us... NCL won't move us to an Epic sailing b/c the "price difference is too high". Then why did they offer it as an option? After being on hold for over an hour someone took my phone number and said they would get back to me. I feel like crying. :(:(:(:mad:

VERY upset still about this.... we were booked in a Suite on the Jade (booked last year in March) for the 4 of us... NCL won't move us to an Epic sailing b/c the "price difference is too high". Then why did they offer it as an option? After being on hold for over an hour someone took my phone number and said they would get back to me. I feel like crying. :(:(:(:mad:

When I called today, they told me that the cruise were not loaded and I needed to call early next week.

I booked the same time frame as you. I have 5 people in a 2 bedroom and I'm thinking we must have the same amazing perks. We also want the Epic as getting to New Orleans is not good for us.

This is our 2nd Cancel for this reservation, I will post what they tell me when someone will actually help me. I'm staying positive.

My suggestion to you is to not cancel out right or anything yet. Try again on another day and see what happens. Escalate as high as you can, then post all over Social Media if they won't honor what the letter says. Can't hurt

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Jade's 7-Day Western Caribbean sailing from Tampa, Florida from February 5, 2017 through March 12, 2017.

Do you think they meant March 5th to 12th, 2017? Would not take a ship out on private charters for over a month would they?

Do you think they meant March 5th to 12th, 2017? Would not take a ship out on private charters for over a month would they?

The dates are correct. The Jade is replacing the Pearl for the Sixthman festival cruises. If you scroll through the page I posted you'll see the dates.

Cheers

The dates are correct. The Jade is replacing the Pearl for the Sixthman festival cruises. If you scroll through the page I posted you'll see the dates.

Cheers

I wonder why they are switching to the Jade? I thought the Pearl was reconfigured (slides removed) specifically for the music cruises?

I wonder why they are switching to the Jade? I thought the Pearl was reconfigured (slides removed) specifically for the music cruises?

From what I understand, the Pearl will be in Dry Dock during the time, so the Jade became the ship for this particular charter.

I think I have reached a good agreement with NCL for my switch. I'll post details tomorrow. I'm getting a couple questions answered and also wanted to pass the offer by my traveling companions.

The cabins I want are being held, so the switch will be finalized tomorrow. Traveling companions agreed with my selection.

Pearl is due for the regular Dry Dock which is required (I think it's every 5 years) so they have to do it. The Jade is the same class, Jewel class, (also in need of dry dock), so most things will be the same. I guess they still have the water slide on the Jade but that can be dealt with short term.

HTH

Cheers

PS, Good luck Debbie, hope it works out well for you.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

If you don't get a positive result, I would call back until you get some one who "understands" that this IS one of your options, and then I would insist that they give you even more OBC for causing you to have to explain they're offer to them.

You're right. The water slide was specifically removed on the Pearl to open up the deck space for the stage to face forward. They could cover the other pool and have the stage facing aft but the stage would be considerably smaller as the entry way for the Spa/gym/library area is there and it's further in then the buffet entry way.

The Pearl's dry dock shifted a lot of charter cruises around. Groove Cruise Miami has been on the Pearl for three years now but has shifted to Carnival as the option out of Tampa NCL gave didn't work with the party atmosphere. There's one less charter on the Jade to worry about. I think all the charters on the Jade are being run by Sixthman this time around. :cool:

Sorry to those guests who are being bumped from the Jade. I honestly thought this was news MONTHS ago. I'm surprised it's taken this long to get them to move y'all. Best of luck! :)

Patience pays off, but you also need to be able to devote some time.

My story: Originally booked a 5 person family suite on Star out of Tampa, that was cancelled and I was moved to a 2 bedroom Non Haven on the Jade out of Tampa. Original booking was early March 2015 when suites were almost half the price they are going for now and when the 3rd-8th passengers were Taxes only. Received UBP for 1st 2 passengers and Soda for other 3 passengers. Also received UNLIMITED Dining Package for all 5 passengers and finally had Daily Service Charged paid for first 2 passengers. And $200 OBC. Everything carried over to the Jade from the original and received an additional OBC of $100.

So today, after being on the phone almost 2 hours with a wonderful helpful person. I didn't want to hang up until everything was correct in my eyes.

**Now we have an AFT Haven Penthouse for 1st 2 people and an INSIDE Cabin right across the hall for the other 3 People. We are definitely OK with this

Price was protected (I have invoices that show suite price protected, but they need 24 hours to make the inside cabin to show only taxes for the 3 passengers) I'm having a little faith that it will be done correctly. I have name of person I spoke with and her supervisors name that is doing the price thing.

We maintained all our original perks with a minor change. The Ultimate Dining for all 5 people is now listed as 7 dining Package for all 5. We are not people that would have gone to multiple specialty restaurants in one day and know that we may not even use all 7 specialty dining, but wanted to make sure we had it if we wanted it because of the original booking.

And, I think the OBC may have increased by another $50, so now may be $350.

We've cruised the Epic before and are really looking forward to experiencing this Aft Penthouse. Yes, I know it will be a hike to the Haven and to stairs/elevators - but hey it's an AFT Penthouse!

So, my advice to others is to be very nice and pleasant. Over the last couple days that I made phone calls, I laughed a bit when I first got on the phone with each rep, explaining I was a victim of circumstances 2 times for this reservation. They thanked me for not yelling, screaming or blaming them personally for the issues.

Good Luck Everyone!

This is the 2nd cancellation for us also, originally booked a family suite on the Star, moved to the jade, but only 3 person aft cabin...now moved to the Dawn and can have family suite but they wont give dining or soda package to 4th person..unfortunately we have to have Costco travel call NCL and relay messages...so frustrating..

**Now we have an AFT Haven Penthouse for 1st 2 people and an INSIDE Cabin right across the hall for the other 3 People. We are definitely OK with this

Good Luck Everyone!

We ended with the same. It took a lot of patience and a lot of time on hold before they offered this alternative but I'm definitely happy. They put dh and I in the Haven room and the two kids in the IB across from us. I've never sailed aft but am excited to try. The kids will be able to get into the Haven with us and I'm thrilled - when first mentioned they would split dh and I but unless we were both in the Haven it wouldn't be worthwhile. The little ones will end up sleeping with us in the Queen bed but that's ok. It likely helped that the person on the phone had kids same age as mine and totally understood what I was trying to accomplish. And of course the little extra OBC is nice.

I haven't seen final #s on IB - I want to do a final check Monday to make sure everything is comparable, but that's ok. For now only the original reservation is showing online. Now the only problem is for our 2018 cruise I'm looking at Haven again (Escape) and dh is aghast at the price hahaha.

We ended with the same. It took a lot of patience and a lot of time on hold before they offered this alternative but I'm definitely happy. They put dh and I in the Haven room and the two kids in the IB across from us. I've never sailed aft but am excited to try. The kids will be able to get into the Haven with us and I'm thrilled - when first mentioned they would split dh and I but unless we were both in the Haven it wouldn't be worthwhile. The little ones will end up sleeping with us in the Queen bed but that's ok. It likely helped that the person on the phone had kids same age as mine and totally understood what I was trying to accomplish. And of course the little extra OBC is nice.

I haven't seen final #s on IB - I want to do a final check Monday to make sure everything is comparable, but that's ok. For now only the original reservation is showing online. Now the only problem is for our 2018 cruise I'm looking at Haven again (Escape) and dh is aghast at the price hahaha.

We are traveling with teenage boys. I never got the answer if they would be allowed in Haven, but I know from experience we will never see the. We are actually just friends from different states that meet up and cruise together. We all met like 5-6 years ago while cruising the Epic.

What sailing are you guys on. We will be doing Feb 11.

From prior experience with kids in another cabin, I'm not sure if the inside reservation will show up in your MyNCL. In the past ours have not. Had to have my PCC do the check in process for kids. Its not really a problem, just a little inconvenient. Just warning you for when that time comes

So today at about 3pm Eastern time, I get a call from my PCC. With this process of changing, we talk to a special department and not our regular PCCs

So she received copies of the changes. Remember we went from a 2 bedroom to a Haven Penthouse and Inside Cabin across the hall. Well, on the invoice that she received it showed that the taxes, what we were required to pay, as we originally had the 3rd thru 8th passenger free promotion, (5 total people on our reservation) was showing that we must pay them by Sunday May 15. She called to just double check what and how my stuff was changed. She tried to extend the payment due, but it would not allow her to. She's watching the reservation to make sure the reservation for the inside doesn't get cancelled for non payment. Mind you my cruise is not until Feb 2017 and I'm not required to make any payments.

So on Monday morning at 9am I will be back on Hold trying to make sure all my new reservations are in tact. My PCC is also going to check, but she's in the Arizona office and I will actually be up and able to call before her.

We were on Jade Feb 5 but now switched to Epic Jan 28th. Price went up a bit over $40 because of tax. This information was from my TA but I'm not happy. I know it's only $40 but still it shouldn't cost me anything extra for them to bump me. Especially since I have been calling them for 2 months asking about it.

I'm going to try and call myself and not go through TA but from previous poster not sure if they will talk to me.

Kill them with kindness will be my angle. :).

The Sixthman charters on the Jade are:

Feb 6 - 10 - Keeping the Blues Alive

Feb 10 - 15 - The Rock Boat

Feb 15 -19 - Sail Across the Sun (Train's cruise)

Feb 19 - 26 - Cayamo

Feb 26 - March 2 - Outlaw Country

March 2 - March 6 - 311

Not sure if any other charters will be before or after that on the Jade.

We've been told that the Jade waterslide will be removed before the charter season. I'm assuming it will be replaced during dry dock, but don't know for sure.

Any news on the January 25th sailing? I know it had went from an 11 day to a 12 day but it is not showing up on the NCL website. Did it end up getting canceled? So far my January 15th sailing is fine.

Edited by broadwaycam