Princess to Asia??

paphoslady

Looking to cruise in Asia, probably from Singapore. Just a bit concerned that a lot of the cruise companies have changed their ships to suit the market they are sailing in. We have recently returned from a cruise on Cunard from Osaka to Hong Kong and there's no doubt that Cunard's ships are still very western (they only spend part of their world cruises in Asia). Is the same true for Princess??? Loved the ports that we visited but my hubby didn't expect the ship to be so quiet after 10pm and I have to say that a lot of the passengers were a lot older than us (we are 50ish).

Princess the same as alwAys, does offer Izumi bathhouse on Diamond which is fantastic. I am now converted. There are Asian dishes in buffet but mostly western, MDR menus same.

If the cruise is port intensive, most people retire early. Depends on makeup of individual cruise. Had quiet ones and some true party animals.

I love the Asian cruises and the Diamond.

, hope you enjoy your cruise.

We cruised from Tokyo to Hong Kong in 2014 on the Diamond and found that there was a good mix of ages on the ship. I'm in my 40s and hubby is in his 50s and there were plenty of people our age as well as many younger and older. There was a good range of nightlife on the ship with several different bars offering a range of entertainment well into the night. We loved it so much we're now booked to sail from Singapore to Tokyo in April 2017.