AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Cruisers...Sail with CELEBRITY cruises?

Friends who cruise...Check out your AMEX offers. My Blue card has this offer. Spend $500 with Celebrity, get $150 of statement credit.  Accept the offer on the AmEx website then pay $500 on a Celebrity and get $150 credit on your statement! Tgrgh 12/31/19

Hello Karen and Bill,

Thanks for the heads up.  My Gold card is offering Membership Rewards only, no statement credit. See the promotions below.

Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 3/31/2020. See wlcl.com/amex. For reservations only. 

Get 15,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ on Celebrity Cruises cruise reservations online at celebrity.com/amex or by phone at 1-844-530-3783 by 12/31/2019. See terms for exclusions.

18 hours ago, Snackdaddy said:

Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 3/31/2020. See wlcl.com/amex. For reservations only. 

This offer is $100 back on a $500 purchase for most people (whose cards do not give MR points). This one should be available to everyone. The Celebrity one seems to be more YMMV as to whether you have it or not.

These offers are coming in VERY handily for me since I have  a Celebrity cruise to pay off and am about to book one on HAL.

The HAL discussion of the deal is here -- 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2710652-amex-spend-500-get-100-is-back

Has anyone tried to use the current $100 credit on $500 payment on an existing booking? 

I would love to use this to make a payment on an existing booking but the fine print says it will only work on “ reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020”. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 8:42 PM, Wolfhunt said:

Has anyone tried to use the current $100 credit on $500 payment on an existing booking? 

I would love to use this to make a payment on an existing booking but the fine print says it will only work on “ reservations booked between 11/15/2019 and 3/31/2020”. 

Just realized that all of this discussion is taking place in a Royal Caribbean thread. There is no current Royal Caribbean offer and based on the dates you're mentioning, I suspect you are talking about the Holland America/Carnival/Princess offer.  If so, it will work fine on an older reservation.  It even works buying OBC. All that matters is that the charge comes in from Holland America Reservations or the appropriate line.

Believing the fine print on AMEX Offers can sometimes (often) be a bad idea.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
If you have an AmEx card, check your offers.
It’s been several years, but RC statement credit is showing in my everyday blue AmEx offers (no annual fee card). I will surely use it! $350 credit when you spend $1000 at RC.
We have a Delta AmEx and the offer isn’t on that one, but someone else I know has a regular Platinum AmEx, abd had $500 credit on a $1500 spend with RC.
Anyway, check it out and read the fine print if you see the offer on your AmEx card.

Amex offer.jpeg

I got the $350/1000 as well. Naturally, I just paid that amount for a last-minute cruise a few weeks ago. Not sure that we want to sail on Royal again, but will have to check prices of Anthem out of NJ this winter and see if there are any deals to be had.

14 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I got the $350/1000 as well. Naturally, I just paid that amount for a last-minute cruise a few weeks ago. Not sure that we want to sail on Royal again, but will have to check prices of Anthem out of NJ this winter and see if there are any deals to be had.

Weren’t you the poster on the Carnival page that was able to post the back door link for people to add the offer to their cards? My memory isn’t the best anymore but I kind of think it was you.

8 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Weren’t you the poster on the Carnival page that was able to post the back door link for people to add the offer to their cards? My memory isn’t the best anymore but I kind of think it was you.

I was. But that was a different situation than this one. With Carnival, there was a separate link for the offer.

Also you can no longer add offers to more than one card per person. Used to be, if you had multiple AMEX cards in your name, you could add it to more than one. You can still add to authorized user's cards, but once again, only one per person.

• Thanks 1