Gift exchange ??

How do you do a gift exchange? May try to get one going on our next Meet 7 Greet.

We have enough people to have the one Carnival has offered.

Thought about everyone could put a number on their wrapped gift and then we could pick a number from a bowl and that's what you get. if you got your own number someone else would also, so you could just swap.

Do you think this would work or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

How do you do a gift exchange? May try to get one going on our next Meet 7 Greet.

We have enough people to have the one Carnival has offered.

Thought about everyone could put a number on their wrapped gift and then we could pick a number from a bowl and that's what you get. if you got your own number someone else would also, so you could just swap.

Do you think this would work or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

hi there

If you do try to do this, my suggestion from past experience would be to make sure that it is understood that the gift should be a very inexpensive token, perhaps a regional souvenir. You don't want to be carrying anything extra that may be large.

Don't forget these meet and greets aren't always being attended well. Especially now that it is Carnival organizing the event, it seems that sometimes the time is in conflict with many people's plans as well as people saying they just didn't see the announcement in the Fun Times.

have a great cruise

We did one on a Celebrity cruise and it was a lot of fun. There were lots of cruisers on our Roll Call and most of them showed up. Everyone brought something which related to their home town (magnet, calendar, t-shirt), and we picked numbers like the OP mentioned. It was a lot of fun, and Celebrity does a great job of facilitating these events. Unfortunate, Carnival still doesn't come close. On our April 24th Miracle cruise we signed up, but were never notified of the event. Oh well, maybe next time!

One person drawing their own number does not guarantee that someone else would also, so you might want to come up with another course of action in case that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by erinmarie424

We do ours as a Yankee Swap - $20 limit, has to be small and non-alcoholic (ie - I'm from NJ, so I usually bring salt water taffy from the boardwalk). We pull numbers from a bowl, but then you can 'steal'. Each gift can only be stolen 3 times, and the person who picked first gets the last 'steal'. It's a little more fun, I think. :)

last one i did everyone got a number and then number one got first pick of any wrapped gift, then number 2 and so on. we had a 10 dollar limit on gifts.

you can also do the christmas type game where someone can steal someone else's gift if you want.

Edited by Computer Nerd

last one i did everyone got a number and then number one got first pick of any wrapped gift, then number 2 and so on. we had a 10 dollar limit on gifts.

We did one on RCCL the same way as Computer Nerd says in their post. It was great fun.

Only people who brought gifts got a number to draw. We encouraged regional gifts. (ie I picked home made maple syrup from a Canadian couple and someone picked the insulated mugs with a popular beach logo on them I brought.)

We did a gift exchange on one of our cruises and it was a lot of fun. There was only one drawback. We didn't pick numbers or anything, you just went up and picked a gift. Well, I wasn't with my daughter when she wrapped her gift and I ended up picking it. I'm not sure if anyone believed me that I didn't do it on purpose but it really wasn't intentional. So make sure you have someway you can avoid this if possible. lol

I have participated in the gift exchanges on many cruises. I liked placing all the gifts on a table or stage and whoever brought a gift took one. It was informal and fun. Most of the time we were given a $10 limit and requested to bring something from your home state. I still use the playing cards from Seattle, and the Buckeyes did not even make it off the ship :). In every case someone had organized it through the roll call and we had a running list to know who wanted to participate. I think the key is to be organized before the cruise, get a firm yes or know from people on your roll call, not just suggest a gift exchange or slot pull. My least favorite was the steal method, it seemed to drag on forever. Putting numbers on the gifts and them pulling numbers from a hat is always fun too.