Tiny pic rotating pictures

I have seen recommendations to use tiny pic to post pictures. I've been playing with it and like the site a lot.

I'm having trouble rotating pictures. IE, when I download photos to my laptop, I rotate the vertical ones so so they are straight. when I view them on my laptop, or upload them to Photobucket, they stay straight.

But, when I upload a photo I had originally rotated, it goes back to the original version. I can't figure out how to rotate it.

Any suggestions?

rby5uq.jpg

I have seen recommendations to use tiny pic to post pictures. I've been playing with it and like the site a lot.

I'm having trouble rotating pictures. IE, when I download photos to my laptop, I rotate the vertical ones so so they are straight. when I view them on my laptop, or upload them to Photobucket, they stay straight.

But, when I upload a photo I had originally rotated, it goes back to the original version. I can't figure out how to rotate it.

Any suggestions?

rby5uq.jpg

If you are using Lightroom, Picasa or another organizer the allows for non-destructive editing (allows you to undo or change your edits at any time), the changes you make are stored in a database and applied whenever you view them in the application. If you upload directly from where the file is stored, the changes don't really exist in that file. To apply the changes before you upload, you need to make a copy with the changes applied by exporting it. I do this by having an "Upload" directory that I use to stage photos to be posted to online services.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave, thanks for the info.

I understood enough of it to know it's more involved than I care to be. Most of my photos don't need to be edited; I'll just keep those in mind when deciding what I want to post in a trip report.

BTW, I love your photo galleries!

Dave, thanks for the info.

I understood enough of it to know it's more involved than I care to be. Most of my photos don't need to be edited; I'll just keep those in mind when deciding what I want to post in a trip report.

BTW, I love your photo galleries!

Thanks for the kind words about the galleries!

The export process is really only a one-time setup (and a little bit of required learning :) ). If you ever have interest in setting it up, just post with some details about what software you're using and you'll get a deluge of info on how to do it from the nice folks here. This really is one of the friendliest photo boards around.

Dave