Unlimited internet or pricing for packages?

Tatka

We are considering a cruise on Silhouette. It will be during my semi-working (Christmas) week, so I will have to stay connected. On our last two cruises with RCCL we had unlimited internet for a very reasonable price. Does Celebrity offers something like this or at least some reasonably priced packages?

Thank you

Unlimited wifi is available for 7 night cruises for $199/person. You can purchase prior to sailing or onboard. This is also available as a "perk" when booking, but the onboard credit is worth more. You can use your onboard credit to purchase the package onboard

Thank you so much for this information!!!

It sounds very affordable.

Found this article http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6927

It is strange that price is the same for cruises with different length....

And I cannot find anything about 4 dayers. Our cruise will be 4 days.

Edited by Tatka

We were on Constellation TA last month, and the unlimited was $199. With the Elite discount, 30% off, and with the Elite Plus discount, 35% off - costs us $129 for a 13-day cruise. It was much better than the old system where it took a lot of time to download. I was amazed that I could FaceTime with the States out in the middle of the Atlantic.

Thank you. I am not concerned about streaming. Just need to check emails, login into our portal and database (I am in IT).

I wish Celebrity had different prices for different types. Royal is charging $9 for non-streaming and $12.99 for streaming wi-fi per day if you pre-book.

We are also Select on X (Emerald on RCI) so I hope we can get 25% discount. :)

Our cruise is in December so Celebrity might do something like this too.

Thank you. I am not concerned about streaming. Just need to check emails, login into our portal and database (I am in IT).

I wish Celebrity had different prices for different types. Royal is charging $9 for non-streaming and $12.99 for streaming wi-fi per day if you pre-book.

We are also Select on X (Emerald on RCI) so I hope we can get 25% discount. :)

Our cruise is in December so Celebrity might do something like this too.

We are select and received a 25% discount resulting in $149 for a 10 night cruise in Europe for unlimited use. It is a good service and much improved. The "list price" for the ten days was $199.00. The only other option was to purchase by the minute. I believe it was $.99 per minute.

• 2 weeks later...
Price of unlimited internet is listed on Celebrity website for my upcoming 14 night cruise on Silhouette as $299! :eek:

Sounds like they had promotional prices ($199 on a 13-night TA) and with Elite+ discount cost $129 and change.

Unlimited internet for our 11 night cruise is showing at $299 too :( I just can't justify spending that on internet access.

I went on line to check on my upcoming RCL 10-day cruise and was surprised that they offered their unlimited internet (VOOM) for only $90.

The website is showing the wrong price for Xcelerate, the new upgrade. For 9 day and under unlimited is $140 before any Captains Club discounts and 10+ day is $199 before discounts. There is indeed daily and hourly rates but I do not recall how much. I "think" they were $.99 a minute or $39 a day. This was not a promotional price, if you put into online shopping cart it will show correct price. See below.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6927

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The website is showing the wrong price for Xcelerate, the new upgrade. For 9 day and under unlimited is $140 before any Captains Club discounts and 10+ day is $199 before discounts. There is indeed daily and hourly rates but I do not recall how much. I "think" they were $.99 a minute or $39 a day. This was not a promotional price, if you put into online shopping cart it will show correct price. See below.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6927

It doesn't matter what CC says; when I go to book internet for my cruise on Celebrity it is charging $299. Luckily, when we rebooked to a different cabin recently, we got unlimited internet as one of our new perks. But there's no way I'd pay $299.

I also just got off Equinox yesterday after a 10 day and 12 day back to back. The unlimited internet for the 10 day was $199 and for the 12 day they wanted $299. Even with the Elite discount that is expensive, a hundred bucks for 2 more days? Royal's Voom is faster than the Xcelerate and cheaper.

It was on promo on Silhouette sailing 14 May.

We paid 179$ something for the 12 days but when you logged on, it was for 14 days. Second person was half price.

It wasn't fast fast fast but I have known it a lot slower in the olden days of computers:D

No, a good service.

Currently on the Summit. 7 night cruise. On line, prior to the cruise, xcelerate was $140 for 7 nights. On board it was $199. I questioned the price on board, Celebrity said $199!!!!

You can purchase 1 package for your cabin. Only 1 person can login at a time.