Book/Modify??

rickcop44

As I read through the various postings, I see every once in a while where someone asks a question about a cabin assignment or a dining room assignment. Quite often, the responses include posters suggesting that by logging onto the Carnival website and then click on "My Reservation." They can then click on "Book/Modify" on the My Reservations pages and that will give the inquirer all the information they need. I've done that several times and when I click on My Reservation, I see no link of any kind that will allow me to book or modify my cruise or otherwise see info about my upcoming cruise. Am I doing something wrong? I would love to try and find out if a table assignment has already been made for our January cruise, but I'll be darned if I can find any book or modify link. Thanks everyone!

I don't think you will find out your dining room assignment until you get your sail & sign card. Maybe if you go through the link where you fill out the Funpass and pretend you are going to order a bottle of wine or something to be sent to the cabin...you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and sometimes your room number will be there.

........I think "they" caught on... :)
It still works for me and our next cruise isn't until 6-06. In fact, I used to use the method listed here on the boards (link posted below), but now I can click directly on the Modify link once I register and it takes me right there.

You won't find your seating assignment (dinner), but I can see what our PVP listed as our requested dining time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=132069

John

Here's my theory: They are busy upgrading our cabins and doing a lot of shifting. When we have all been upgraded, it'll be back on ;-)

That's a great theory!:) I think it's going to take a techie to figure out another way in to the site. Probably have done some type of upgrade on site that is preventing the old way. I just don't understand why they would not want everyone to see the same info, whether with TA or PVP.

I noticed that for a couple of days last week and early this week that Crnival was upgrading their site. I think they must have "corrected" this back door access method for all the people who book through TA's so that only the TA's can now access this page. Probably too many people asked the TA about the different pricing/information seen on that page, or tried to make changes to the booking themselves. So it does not work for us any more. JMO

The only way I could get to the modify screen thru carnival was to go thru cc boards or I would only get an error message. Well I made final pymt on monday and now I can just go directly to carnival and access the modify no problem. of course I still dont have an assigned cabin :rolleyes: but at least I can look without going thru several steps.

It seems today it works From Carnival's Website

after you login click Modify Booking It should show The

Info For Your booking

It seems Either The fixed It or Broke It

If you mean the click modify link on Cruise Critics that still doesnt work for me. It did a week or 2 ago. Carnval's website doesnt have a modify link does it?

Sharon--even thought I booked with an travel agent-- i was able to get the page up til this past week.

When we book through an agent the stuff was all there but the price was always higher or lower. I wonder if lots of people were complaining because the price they saw on that page is not what they paid. (and carnival gtting tired of listening to us complain took that part away)

Sharon and Serene. Same situation with me. TA booking, "book modify" button/option has never shown on Carnival page after logging in, was always able to access via the link here until last Thursday or Friday. New upgrade looks like it closed this back door access.

Thanks to all who responded to my post. I have tried and tried and tried to get to the Book/Modify page, but without success. I did book through an independent agent and that may be the reason. I've tried on my home computer after disabling the firewall temporarily, and I've tried on my computer at work. No go. I originally wanted to find out if we had been assigned a dining room table, but now I'm more interested in making sure the $1000 in Fun Cash I secretly bought for my DW has been properly credited to my account. I did call Carnival two days after I made the purchase and they assured me it had been credited to my wife's S&S card, but I'm the eternal skeptic.

Archived