Marina in New York today

rgaudet

It's a beautiful day here in NY. Rain is in the forcast for later but hopefuly it will hold off.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the web cam, as I love web cams. Guess I'll try to watch her sail away, and/or take a peek later on Marine Traffic's website. I live in DC area and after 2/3rd of a gorgeous day (finally) it has just started to rain (3pm). It came up fast, with lots of wind, too.

Wow! What a great web cam! Can't quite see anyone on deck, but I see by now the weather is bad, so maybe I wouldn't be able to see them even if the weather had held off. If I ever cruise out of NY, I'll have to go back on the Terrace with a huge sign to wave to my friends back home at a pre-arranged time.

I went on the NYC webcam just in time to see that huge Norwegian ship back out, turn around, and head south. Marina looked so small compared to her - wonder what Regatta or one of the smaller ships would look like? Hhmm...so glad I found Oceania.

So NYC looks a bit different to me now. What's that large, striking triangular building at the cruise port?

Thanks again for the link. Will try to watch Marina leave (anyone know when that's scheduled to be?)

On board Marina now, all is in order, same as our previous cruises on Marina. Very easy and fast check-in at noon, rooms deck 9 ready at 2PM. Luggage at the door by that time. Everything stowed away now.

Experienced a new to Oceania couple at lunch in Terrace Cafe try to take empty plates from under the glass protectors telling the server we need plates. Advised them that they did not need to carry an empty plate like other ship buffets, they would be given a plate when they ordered from a server, this was not a self serve buffet.

With an 11PM departure time Don't know what you will be able to see on the cam other than a lot of lights. Because of the late departure, possibly people being ashore at dinner, we were able to get an additional reservation tonight for 4 at Jacques at 6:30PM.

Weather is not really that bad, yes mostly cloudy but bright. Rain in the forecast for tonight and Sunday AM. Then nice for our stops in Boston and Bar Harbor, Monday and Tuesday.

Hoping she leaves soon. I've sailed out of New York on two occasions on azamara journey and last year in queen Victoria. It is a real treat to see the city from a beautiful ship. And then to go out under the VZ bridge...can't wait to do it again. It looks grey now but hope everyone on board enjoys it!

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On board Marina now, all is in order, same as our previous cruises on Marina. Very easy and fast check-in at noon, rooms deck 9 ready at 2PM. Luggage at the door by that time. Everything stowed away now.

Experienced a new to Oceania couple at lunch in Terrace Cafe try to take empty plates from under the glass protectors telling the server we need plates. Advised them that they did not need to carry an empty plate like other ship buffets, they would be given a plate when they ordered from a server, this was not a self serve buffet.

With an 11PM departure time Don't know what you will be able to see on the cam other than a lot of lights. Because of the late departure, possibly people being ashore at dinner, we were able to get an additional reservation tonight for 4 at Jacques at 6:30PM.

Weather is not really that bad, yes mostly cloudy but bright. Rain in the forecast for tonight and Sunday AM. Then nice for our stops in Boston and Bar Harbor, Monday and Tuesday.

Good for you on the "buffet" lesson - or as my husband calls it, "cafeteria style." There are so many newbies on Oceania these days. Hopefully they'll catch on fast that they don't have to get glasses and drinks, or silverware, or plates. I've mostly cruised on Oceania, but been on Celebrity twice, where I inevitably forgot to get a plastic glass, drink, etc. before sitting down.

Yep, I went to cruisett.com to look up Marina's departure time. I'll probably pass on viewing Marina heading out in the darkness. (The web cam did, however, follow the Gem quite a ways down the river, giving nice views of the city. There was a lot of whooping and hollering as they left - a happy bunch.) I've put a link to the cam in my notes for our visit this fall. You guys enjoy your cruise. We're going to Boston and Bar Harbor in the fall - but not on to the Azores, Madeira (loved it) and the rest of your itinerary.

Rob, thanks again for the link, and hope you like Marina as much as we do - although I think I like the smaller ships a little better than the bigger ones. I'll be on Regatta this fall and am looking forward to seeing the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the V-N bridge, although it may be pre-dawn when we pass.

Good for you on the "buffet" lesson - or as my husband calls it, "cafeteria style." There are so many newbies on Oceania these days. Hopefully they'll catch on fast that they don't have to get glasses and drinks, or silverware, or plates. I've mostly cruised on Oceania, but been on Celebrity twice, where I inevitably forgot to get a plastic glass, drink, etc. before sitting down.

Yep, I went to cruisett.com to look up Marina's departure time. I'll probably pass on viewing Marina heading out in the darkness. (The web cam did, however, follow the Gem quite a ways down the river, giving nice views of the city. There was a lot of whooping and hollering as they left - a happy bunch.) I've put a link to the cam in my notes for our visit this fall. You guys enjoy your cruise. We're going to Boston and Bar Harbor in the fall - but not on to the Azores, Madeira (loved it) and the rest of your itinerary.

Rob, thanks again for the link, and hope you like Marina as much as we do - although I think I like the smaller ships a little better than the bigger ones. I'll be on Regatta this fall and am looking forward to seeing the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the V-N bridge, although it may be pre-dawn when we pass.

I've sailed in to New York twice on queen Mary 2. It is a real treat as well. Enjoy!

This was yesterday's sail in. A tad foggy but spectacular all the same! It was a real pea souper all the way during the previous evening and night and we thought we might not see anything at all at one point. Fog horn going! The VZ bridge loomed out of the fog and we did not see the top, barely saw the sides either!

But a glorious day in New York today, but it looks like the weather has changed as we were driven to JFK.

Happy cruising to those who boarded today and those continuing on from the previous cruise(s)!

image.jpg.282e9788db31b89a758f6c9653961230.jpg