Santorini Query

DiamondGirl83

Hi, Can someone advise me on what I would be able to do in Santorini without the use of a tour company?

I've read that most tours end up at Fira which means a cable car back to the Ship? Is there anyway i could avoid this, surely if people can get transport ie coaches from the ship they can get them back to it and not have to rely on the cable cars

Thanks ☺

As discussed here frequently, the only way back to your ship is via the cable cars, walking down the donkey path, or taking the donkeys down to the tender dock. Everyone gets back on board via the tenders at Fira.

There are many threads here about renting cars and touring the island, or going to Oia (by ferry, bus, taxi or foot), and many other activities that can be done on your own, with an organized tour, through the ship or a private vendor.

As discussed here frequently, the only way back to your ship is via the cable cars, walking down the donkey path, or taking the donkeys down to the tender dock. Everyone gets back on board via the tenders at Fira.

There are many threads here about renting cars and touring the island, or going to Oia (by ferry, bus, taxi or foot), and many other activities that can be done on your own, with an organized tour, through the ship or a private vendor.

Our first trip to Santorini we had researched and found out how to go to the bus station in Fira to go to Oia. We went there and took lots of pictures, had lunch then took the bus back. We wandered to see the shops, churches and took fantastic pictures. Really enjoyed our first visit there. Since then we have rented a car and had a great time. Once you get out of town, there is no traffic and it is lots of fun stopping in the small villages. We are doing the same thing in October, we take our GPS and mark it as an away spot, that way we can find our way back easily to the car rental shop. Just research online and decide what sounds interesting, then go for it. Yu can take a bus Akrotori ruins, many say it is the lost city of Atlantis. It is not far from town, just ask at the bus station which bus you need to take to get there. Look it up, it is very well preserved, so much to see. I can hardly wait to get there again. Santorini is one of my very favorite places to visit in the world.

Hi, Can someone advise me on what I would be able to do in Santorini without the use of a tour company?

I've read that most tours end up at Fira which means a cable car back to the Ship? Is there anyway i could avoid this, surely if people can get transport ie coaches from the ship they can get them back to it and not have to rely on the cable cars

Thanks ☺

Cable car is the only way for us to get back onto the ship!