Anthem of the seas - may 2016 - trip report

Dicenator

Royal Caribbean give double odds on all ships whenever there is a $25 or more flat bet either on Pass/Don't Pass or Come/Don't Come.

I discovered this on the last night of my cruise. The guy beside me who was playing 25 on the pass line was playing double odds. I asked him about it and he said he didn't know why but they had told him he could play 2x odds. He had been playing all week and playing pretty big stakes but had not been playing the pass line heavily, mostly playing place bets on the numbers. I asked the dealer about it and he didn't answer me until after the 3rd time I asked. I kept asking "can we play 2x odds?" and he kept ignoring me. Finally he said yes if you have $25 or more on the pass line. It certainly is not posted anywhere. This was on the Oasis of the Seas.

Edited by CycleDawg

Dicenator - I followed you on Heavy's site, but just saw your post when I am following feeds for my cruise next week! Ever play on Carnival's Pride out of Baltimore? I'm excited for the empty tables as it usually is on cruises.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO aekblade:As other cruisers may have found out, the tables are not always empty on cruises. Sometimes you will find you may be the only player there. Other times you may have to wait a while to get on the table. It depends on the itinerary, and who chooses to go. You might get some hard core gamblers or not.

aekblade,

Yes, I've been on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. The last time was November of last year and I posted a trip report on this cruise. Just to summarize quickly. The craps table itself was one of the best I've ever played on in the 8 years I've been playing craps. I give it a 10 out of 10 rating. The only negative is that the dice I was throwing the whole week were marbles. I've never in my life played with dice this worn. The corners were totally rounded off. Carnival on every ship starts the month with a given number of new sets of dice. After they are used they are put back into inventory and reused later in the month. After my experiences for the last 2 years with Carnival, Princess etc. dice, I will never sail on one of their ships unless the cruise occurs during the first 2 weeks of any month. Please refer to my Emerald Princess trip report from February of this year.

Dicenator