What beach to lay in the sand w/cocktails and background music on the Riviera? +

Millenia98

We want to have a couple beach days, and we want this kind of thing. I think we’re staying in Nice, but we’ll go anywhere. Late August. Where can we go for this?

just so you know the Riviera beaches aren't soft sand but rocky and so involve using deckchairs for comfort!

Again because of the nature of the Med they are narrow and especially in towns like Nice they will be divided up into hotel property and pay to enter or public beaches

just checking you're not expecting miles of golden beaches:D

just so you know the Riviera beaches aren't soft sand but rocky and so involve using deckchairs for comfort!

Again because of the nature of the Med they are narrow and especially in towns like Nice they will be divided up into hotel property and pay to enter or public beaches

just checking you're not expecting miles of golden beaches:D

I know, but I thought I read Antibes (and others in the area) has sandy beaches ?

We want to have a couple beach days, and we want this kind of thing. I think we’re staying in Nice, but we’ll go anywhere. Late August. Where can we go for this?

We are confirmed beach lovers and also frequent travelers to Europe and the south of France. As a rule, we are not overly impressed with any of the beaches in the region (South Carolina is far superior). However, if we really wanted a beach for a cocktail and atmosphere we would probably head to Saint Jean Cap-Ferrat and its famous Paloma Beach. I believe it costs around 25€ per person/day to rent loungers and have access to the facilities. Otherwise, we would probably head much further West to the area near Montpellier. It does seem that the further west one drives, the more sand (and fewer rocks) one finds.

But if we really want nice beaches in Europe, we would do as many Europeans and head to Greek Islands (many options).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner