drive from Miami port to Canaveral port??

39august

I'm trying to put together a b2b with the FOS Oct. 22. How long does it take to drive from the port at Miami to Pt. Canaveral? Don't know if it would be worth renting a car to do FOS one week and MOS the next. Never been on Mariner, but have been on NOS and VOS several times. If we could work this out, we'd be doing western on FOS and eastern on MOS. The idea intrigues me. What do you folks think? Or , is there other transportation between these 2 ports? I know there is a bus system that picks up folks from different parts of FL to Miami. Does anyone know that website?

The drive is doable but it could be a push depending on what time you get off the ship. It takes us about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to drive from Port St. Lucie to Miami and Port Canerval is another 1 1/2 to hours north of us. Personally I would make the drive myself and not trust someone else to do the driving. If it is a weekend, the drive will be much easier. Miami traffic will be the worst, but if you get on I95 it should not be to bad. When we got off the NOS a couple of weeks ago we disembarded about 8:00 and was home by 11:30. Not bad given the fact we drove around Miami for a little bit (DH was born and raised there). However the trip just prior to ours, they did not disembark the last passengers until 12:30 or 1:00.

Hope it all works out for you.

Part of the answer might be in early debarkation. If you are a diamond, you would get first embarkation. I lived in Melbourne, FL most of my life. Last year I got off the Explorer, dropped my friend off in Jupiter and was still home in Melbourne by 11 a.m. I think that if you spoke with the pursers desk and told them you were traveling to Port Canaveral to catch another one of their ships, they would give you the early debarkation bags. I have never rented a car or hired a shuttle from the port. I WOULD NOT take a shuttle unless it was a private limo or other personal car. If worse came to worst, I would take a cab to FLL airport, and get a rental car there. The airport, unlike Miami, is on the way. Additionally, FLL is pretty efficient. The Miami airpiort is like walking into a Three Stooges film, except you're the punch line and it's not funny. I did a b2b similar to you except we had a day in between. It was a strange but cool feeling getting off one ship and stepping on to another. Truthfully, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We drive that route quite often, as we are season ticket holders for the Miami Hurricanes and we live approx. 15 miles from Port Canaveral. We used to take I-95, until we realized the Fla. Turnpike cut the driving time by atleast 1/2 hour. So, it is about a 3 hr. drive. Get off the Turnpike at Ft. Pierce and then I-95 will take you to S.R. 528 and this will take you directly to the Port.

Archived