Conquest Southern Caribbean "Review" on blog

Buckeyes22

Hi guys! Not too sure if anyone would be interested in this, as it's not technically a review, more just my musings paired with lots of photos on my art/travel blog... but I was on the Conquest from April 30 - May 8 to the Southern Caribbean. Doing it in two parts to avoid a megapost, but I shared lots of photos of the ship, Grand Turk, and La Romana :)

http://jenndalyn.blogspot.com/2016/05/sailing-ocean-blue-part-1.html

Sidenote: can someone help show me how to get this thread to show up under the Conquest posts?? Sorry... total noob to posting. :confused:

Edited by Buckeyes22

Awesome pics! thanks for sharing. Will read pt 2. We'll be on Conquest in July but different itinerary. Always like to read about where I might go next time though!

Thank you!! I am halfway daydreamingly/halfway seriously looking at some July itineraries on the Conquest... :D

Sidenote: can someone help show me how to get this thread to show up under the Conquest posts?? Sorry... total noob to posting. :confused:

When I click on the Conquest sub-heading yours is the first post on the list. So apparently you did it! :)

(I don't know how or why but if someone made me guess I'd say having "Conquest" in your subject is all it takes and when someone clicks on the Conquest sub-heading the page does a search for Conquest within the Carnival forum and shows you those results.)

You all are so so kind - thank you!! I was really nervous about posting this on here for some reason.

I just finished part two about Curacao, Aruba, and a multitude of random things (it got LONG as I tend to go off on 100 tangents): http://jenndalyn.blogspot.com/2016/05/sailing-ocean-blue-part-2.html

Thank you again!! :) :) :)

Edited by Buckeyes22

Great review/musings!

So, you going to make that daydream a reality? :D;)

Here's to hoping!! I have it saved and this $49 deposit thing... I feel an impulsive decision coming on.

again thank you for a great blog...enjoyed it and now I'm even more excited

You are so welcome and thank you for your kind words! I hope you have an amazing time - I would do this itinerary over and over again!!

Great review! We sailed on the Conquest a few years ago and we loved it. You're bringing back great memories, and a sudden craving for Margarita's on Grand Turk : )

Actually, my picture is from Grand Turk with my margarita!!

Edited by DoxieCruiser

Great review! We sailed on the Conquest a few years ago and we loved it. You're bringing back great memories, and a sudden craving for Margarita's on Grand Turk : )

Actually, my picture is from Grand Turk with my margarita!!

Aaahhh I love it!! Thank you for your kind words! What I wouldn't give to be in Grand Turk with a margarita right now...

That was truly an amazing blog. I live in West Palm Beach, Florida, so I take advantage of those beautiful turquoise colored waters and beautiful white sands. But what rang so true in all of your statements was this one. When people go on cruises they meet perfect strangers they will never meet again in their life but on that cruise they will be happy to pour out all of their secrets in life and share and laugh with you. (I'm obviously paraphrasing here). Never truer words were spoken. I am the happiest person on a ship. I love ships want to know all about the ships that are in port along side of our ship. It's wonderful. Thank you for a fantastic cruise. BTW I board the Conquest on July 7th. I will be celebrating my 67th birthday. Also BTW, you should be a writer. Great phrasing and no misuse of wording. Happy cruising!

That was truly an amazing blog. I live in West Palm Beach, Florida, so I take advantage of those beautiful turquoise colored waters and beautiful white sands. But what rang so true in all of your statements was this one. When people go on cruises they meet perfect strangers they will never meet again in their life but on that cruise they will be happy to pour out all of their secrets in life and share and laugh with you. (I'm obviously paraphrasing here). Never truer words were spoken. I am the happiest person on a ship. I love ships want to know all about the ships that are in port along side of our ship. It's wonderful. Thank you for a fantastic cruise. BTW I board the Conquest on July 7th. I will be celebrating my 67th birthday. Also BTW, you should be a writer. Great phrasing and no misuse of wording. Happy cruising!

OH my gosh - thank you for such a kind response. The friendly no-strangers atmosphere is my favorite. I remember before my first cruise, a woman on Shipmate who was on my same cruise sent me a direct message asking to exchange numbers so we could get drinks on the ship. At the time, I was creeped out and didn't write back. I didn't know. We live in a world where I smile at strangers on the street and don't even get a response, so someone being so friendly seemed suspicious. Once I was on the ship for a few hours I thought, "Ooooohhhh... it's a whole different world altogether on here." Everyone is a friend. Happy almost birthday to you and I hope you have an absolutely beautiful cruise!!

awesome review! Its VERY rare that ill take my time to read someone's blog. This time i do! We loved GT, but never cared for margaritaville! Jack shack and topher it is!!!

Thank you and thank you for taking the time to read! I tend to ramble so I try to add in lots of pretty photos haha :)

I've always wanted to go to Jack's Shack - heard great things!!

Wonderful review...thoroughly ejoyed reading.

What time was your flight out of FLL? We have an option of a 10:45 or 2:xx and everyone in our group (11) is pushing for early. Thanks in advance for infomation.

Wonderful review...thoroughly ejoyed reading.

What time was your flight out of FLL? We have an option of a 10:45 or 2:xx and everyone in our group (11) is pushing for early. Thanks in advance for infomation.

Thank you! Our flight out of FLL was at 3:45. We do regular zone debarkation, don't have priority (yet!! haha) and got to the airport around 11:30. Customs at Port Everglades can be trying. 10:45 would make me nervous with a group of 11 (I am not a super experienced cruiser by any means), but I know a lot of people do go for the earlier flights.

If I were to be completely honest, we always do flights a bit later than most (not usually this late though) because I am terrified of flying and cannot get on an airplane unless I'm half in the bag, so I need time to "gas up" at the airport bar, as my father says :o

Edited by Buckeyes22