Shops On Board QM?

Twigalina

I'm booked to travel to New York in July (first "proper" voyage in a grown-up ship) as part of a group of six, one of whom I've never met but whose birthday occurs during the crossing. I would rather wait until I've been introduced to the person before I buy a present so can someone let me know what shops are available on board? I've checked Cunard's website and the only evidence of retail venues is a glimpse of a Bulgari boutique in one of the shots of (I think) the lobby area... I'm hoping there might be other stores with prices more suited to my income!

Hi Twigalina, welcome to the Cunard board :)

There are items to purchase in the various shops at all prices, to suit everyone, both taste and pocket, it seems to me.

There is an excellent well stocked shop next to the Library (Deck 8) that not only sells books and stationery, but all sorts of items both inexpensive and pricey. I always find lots of things to buy here on every trip. I mention it first because it is easy to forget when looking for gifts.

Then there is the "Logo" shop at the Grand Lobby (Deck 3). Again, items to suit all pockets, esp as a reminder of the crossing. This would be my first stop to investigate. Astern of this Cunard branded store and connected to it, there are a couple of clothing shops, with a selection of goods, great if you find out the person's taste.

Slightly forward also on the port side there is a large perfume/cosmetics shop and connected to it, duty-free sales of spirits etc (and essential items that passengers sometime forget to pack)

Then, arranged around the Grand Lobby there are a few "name" stores; these tend to be more "up-market" and on the pricey side, selling watches, jewellery etc (there is an esp good one on the starboard side).

Of course things/shop positions/"names" may change during the refit in May/June.

Don't forget that there are further items to give as a gift; spa packages, wine packages, meals in the speciality restaurants. Within a few days you'll get to know what is appropriate I'm sure.

Have a great time on board QM2, Bon Voyage and happy shopping! :)

Edited by pepperrn

Many thanks for your quick replies... sounds like the Logo shop should be able to provide something that will make a nice gift and be a reminder of a great trip (which I'm looking forward to enormously!)

I'm booked to travel to New York in July (first "proper" voyage in a grown-up ship) as part of a group of six, one of whom I've never met but whose birthday occurs during the crossing. I would rather wait until I've been introduced to the person before I buy a present so can someone let me know what shops are available on board? I've checked Cunard's website and the only evidence of retail venues is a glimpse of a Bulgari boutique in one of the shots of (I think) the lobby area... I'm hoping there might be other stores with prices more suited to my income!

Which date are you cruising? I am on 17th July crossing and wondered if you are on the same.

I have bought some very good boxed pens in the "logo shop" as gifts. I don't know if a pen of higher quality is available in any of the other shops.

Thanks I was looking more in the Mont Blanc ($750+) type.