Help with Hawaii plan also room 9028 on Pride?

luv2gonow

Hi,

Help with some of my Hawaii 2017 cruise please:D

Booked this cruise on board the Epic last summer and I always get a regular balcony.

Lady at desk convinced me to book 9028 which is a large balcony said great to see the lava flow?

Is starboard the right side for that? I am concerned about being that far forward....I usually stay towards aft will movement be the same?

Also was planning on staying at Aulani for 5 nights before cruise. Would it make more sense to add on a night or 2 in Waikiki for Pearl Harbor etc?

Don't want to spend vacation in traffic.

Especially with the night before cruise promotion I wonder what price to add on extra day as well.

Since we are docking overnight twice is Starboard or Port side better for views?

Thanks

Kerri

Hi,

Help with some of my Hawaii 2017 cruise please:D

Booked this cruise on board the Epic last summer and I always get a regular balcony.

Lady at desk convinced me to book 9028 which is a large balcony said great to see the lava flow?

Is starboard the right side for that? I am concerned about being that far forward....I usually stay towards aft will movement be the same?

Also was planning on staying at Aulani for 5 nights before cruise. Would it make more sense to add on a night or 2 in Waikiki for Pearl Harbor etc?

Don't want to spend vacation in traffic.

Especially with the night before cruise promotion I wonder what price to add on extra day as well.

Since we are docking overnight twice is Starboard or Port side better for views?

Thanks

Kerri

Maybe it'll change by the time you cruise, but there is currently no lava flowing into the ocean from Kilauea, and from what I heard, hasn't been for a while. Yeah, I was bummed when I found this out:(

Our cabin was far forward, and we felt A LOT of movement at night, with our closet doors opening and slamming until we wedged our luggage in between the doors. I think if you're accustomed to a more aft cabin, you should stay midship. I'd also recommend a port side balcony for when the ship does the Na Pali coast sail-by; it turns around for the starboard side, but you're a bit further away from Kauai by that point. Hope that helps!

Kilauea is still active, it's just not flowing into the sea. I think that was years ago. When we were there in 2014, the lava was heading for a small town called Pahoa, going across roads in the area. You can visit Volcanoes National Park when you are in Hilo.

They steered you wrong on the starboard recommendation. The port side is what you want for the Na'Pali sail by on Friday afternoon. I'd change my location. If you keep starboard, you'll need to be out on the deck somewhere port side, or on the aft. The ship heads way out when they reach the end of Na Pali, and by the time they turn back with starboard side facing, you are quite a distance away.

Thanks for all the great info.

So I will be changing my room to a regular balcony room towards the aft, port side behind lifeboats. Do the lifeboats stick out?

Was thinking of the Aft but I know some ships have soot and more vibrations directly aft.

Thanks

Kerri