Just off the Pride of America, any questions?

Kattus

Did you use the iConcierge app on your cruise? We downloaded it on our phones, but only want to use it for cruise info, dinner reservations and checking our account (all non-fee). Is it easy to connect for this on the ship?

Thanks!

We're going on the POA in October. Did you notice if there were rental cars available at the port in Kauai or would we have to go to the airport to get a car?

Thanks!

Kauai Car and Scooter Rental. We are on June 11 cruise. Mike is the owner.

Smaller used cars. Our cruise is before peak cruise time and he will pick us up outside of gates to pier.

I did a sunrise tour to Haleakala a couple of years ago in May. They warned us that temperatures could be in the 30s, but we lucked out and they were in the 50s. I would definitely bring some sort of pullover/hoodie, possibly in fleece. Layers are smart. Perhaps a scarf for your head and neck as well. Long pants are a must!

Did you use the iConcierge app on your cruise? We downloaded it on our phones, but only want to use it for cruise info, dinner reservations and checking our account (all non-fee). Is it easy to connect for this on the ship?

Thanks!

Has there been a policy change with NCL as far as Iconcierge usage on the ship? I keep seeing references to "non-fee" usage and I don't know if this is new, or people are just confused.

As far as I know, unless this is something brand new, there is no way to connect your free Iconcierge app to the ship's network without paying the one time per device fee, which has apparently gone up from $7.99 to $12.99 for the week. As far as I know, you would need to be connected in order to see your account, etc, not just to make calls or texts to others on the ship.

We used it on the POA in March for just the two of us, and on the Escape for a group of 7. That ability to call or text each other on the ship was priceless. Well worth the one time fee.

I may write a review of our trip, but in the meanwhile, if anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them. I know that information about the ship is out there, but sometimes the odd question comes up and it's impossible to find in the search. So just paying it forward!:)

Thanks for offering to answer questions. Do you suggest that we sign up for an internet plan for this cruise? Will we be a able to use our iPad and cell phone in our room at night when the ship is sailing or in port?

Has there been a policy change with NCL as far as Iconcierge usage on the ship? I keep seeing references to "non-fee" usage and I don't know if this is new, or people are just confused.

As far as I know, unless this is something brand new, there is no way to connect your free Iconcierge app to the ship's network without paying the one time per device fee, which has apparently gone up from $7.99 to $12.99 for the week. As far as I know, you would need to be connected in order to see your account, etc, not just to make calls or texts to others on the ship.

We used it on the POA in March for just the two of us, and on the Escape for a group of 7. That ability to call or text each other on the ship was priceless. Well worth the one time fee.

I believe there are free services now. This link was sent to me from an inquiry I made on the NCL board:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/fi...E_05132014.pdf

Thanks for offering to answer questions. Do you suggest that we sign up for an internet plan for this cruise? Will we be a able to use our iPad and cell phone in our room at night when the ship is sailing or in port?

Don't bother with the internet plan, this cruise is in port 80% of the time and since it remains in the U.S, you can use your cell coverage. And believe it or not, even within an hour of some ports, we had 4G service; the ship is in open waters when everyone is sleeping, well, everyone but an early riser like me lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hi, we are considering booking this for 2019 and when I go on the NCL site I noticed there are NO promos at all! Did you have any on your sailing or is it because it's a U.S. Cruise they don't offer any?

(And I never book this far out but DH has a meeting in Palm Springs in March so I figure we are halfway to Hawaii at that point!)

Hi, we are considering booking this for 2019 and when I go on the NCL site I noticed there are NO promos at all! Did you have any on your sailing or is it because it's a U.S. Cruise they don't offer any?

(And I never book this far out but DH has a meeting in Palm Springs in March so I figure we are halfway to Hawaii at that point!)

They are rarely offered for the POA, I suppose because the demand for the cruise is so high they don't need to. I would book now while prices are probably much lower. If at anytime between now and final payment date for your 2019 cruise they offer a promo you like, you can always cancel and rebook to get it, keeping in mind any fare increase and the value of the promo to determine if it's worth it to you.

We have booked September 2018 thru NCL. the girl there said this far in advance all the prices are the same. Specials/packages have not been configured yet. We just put down our deposit and she will watch for these to become available and then we can adjust as needed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Kauai Movie Tours excursion on the morning of Day 2 in Kauai was wonderful, and I think the 12 year old would really like seeing where scenes from Jurassic Park were filmed.

On the Hilo side of the Big Island, Marylou's Big Island Tours was my favorite day of the trip. She runs the business with her husband Ken, and their son and son's fiance, who also do tours on the Kona side of the island. That's me in the picture inside the lava tube we walked through at Volcanoes National Park :D

We are using Marylou's Big Island Tours as well in two weeks, I can't wait!