Debarkation??

KYCRSER

Once back in port, how long to be off the ship and to the airport? Arriving into Port Canaveral and leaving from Orlando Intl Airport. Wanting to book an early flight.[/quote

It depends on U.S. customs. We're usually off within a couple hours after arrival. I wouldn't book a flight earlier than 11:00....but that's me.:)

Edited by cruizinator

Wanting to book an early flight.

Port Canaveral is not a port I would risk on booking an early flight. Its 45-50 minutes from PC to MCO. Nothing before noon IMO but thats just me. I wouldnt want to ruin my vacation worrying about whether or not Im gonna make my flight or not. While my debarkation went very smoothly on Magic, my friends weren't off the ship until almost 11am.

I know I worry too much about flights, but I'm worried about making my 3pm flight out of Fort Lauderdale from Miami cruise port. I think 1pm would be my earliest time I would ever get a flight. I'm sure many have made the 11am flights and had nothing go wrong, but every debarkation is a little different.

Last cruise they didn't call self-assist debark until around 9:30am. I imagine people had a hard time catching any flights before 11am.

Another consideration is your trip insurance. IF you book outside of recommended times they can deny payment for a missed flight.

We go in July out of PC and our trip insurance company and the company we booked our stay in Orlando with (P/U at MCO to hotel, then stay, then ride to port, then ride to MCO) said they couldn't guarantee any flight before 1 pm. We have a 1:40 flight and hoping we're OK, little worrisome with all the news about airport security lines backing up badly

I know I worry too much about flights, but I'm worried about making my 3pm flight out of Fort Lauderdale from Miami cruise port. I think 1pm would be my earliest time I would ever get a flight. I'm sure many have made the 11am flights and had nothing go wrong, but every debarkation is a little different.

Last cruise they didn't call self-assist debark until around 9:30am. I imagine people had a hard time catching any flights before 11am.

You are very safe with a 3 pm flight unless something completely unexpected happens like mechanical failure. When the big ships hit FLL, the airlines will keep you from entering security until 4 hours of your flight. Delta wouldn't check bags at the counter until two hours prior and that was cutting it close because it was 45 minutes to check luggage and only a few minutes for me in security with PreTSA Check. The regular security line was pretty long. That's worse case.

Something must of been wrong. Last week we were out in the street before 7am.

We go in July out of PC and our trip insurance company and the company we booked our stay in Orlando with (P/U at MCO to hotel, then stay, then ride to port, then ride to MCO) said they couldn't guarantee any flight before 1 pm. We have a 1:40 flight and hoping we're OK, little worrisome with all the news about airport security lines backing up badly

I wouldn't sweat a 1:40 flight at all.

Once back in port, how long to be off the ship and to the airport? Arriving into Port Canaveral and leaving from Orlando Intl Airport. Wanting to book an early flight.[/quote

It depends on U.S. customs. We're usually off within a couple hours after arrival. I wouldn't book a flight earlier than 11:00....but that's me.:)

I'm in complete agreement . . . 11:00 is extremely dicey, especially today with the potential for long lines. Long 45 minute plus ride from cruise port to airport. I never booked before noon . . . EVER ;)