UDP Question about Dining confirmation/costs Email

jaja

I booked 3/2015..Sailing this Saturday..on the Gem..

Ok...I really do know that according to everything I read here.(and on NCL site )..that our UDP is good in all specialties...(and extra entrees not included Le Bistro and Cagneys...but I do not understand the following on a dining confirmation/email I requested today.

Why are LeBistro and Cagneys not listed as $0 (as others)..and the last sentence...:confused:

I want to avoid ANY problems once onboard....;)

"CGNG00P02 CAGNEY'S PARTY OF 2 - à la carte 05/21/2016 05:30 pm

TEPG00P02 TEPPANYAKI PARTY OF 2 05/22/2016 05:30 pm $0.00

LEBG00P02 LE BISTRO PARTY OF 2 - à la carte 05/23/2016 05:30 pm

MODG00P02 MODERNO PARTY OF 2 05/24/2016 05:30 pm $0.00

CGNG00P02 CAGNEY'S PARTY OF 2 - à la carte 05/25/2016 05:30 pm

LEBG00P02 LE BISTRO PARTY OF 2 - à la carte 05/26/2016 05:30 pm

LACG00P02 LA CUCINA PARTY OF 2 - à la carte 05/27/2016 05:30 pm

MODG00P02 MODERNO PARTY OF 2 05/28/2016 05:30 pm $0.00

You have selected à la carte specialty dining, charges for your selections will be added to your onboard account."

Thanks

This is correct. The "flat rate" restaurants (teppanyaki and Monderno) are marked zero. Bistro, Cagney's, Cucina are shown as a la carte. If you order more than one entree at any of these restaurants, you will be charged the full price of the second entree (even with the UDP). Order as many appetizers, sides and desserts as you want.

This is correct. The "flat rate" restaurants (teppanyaki and Monderno) are marked zero. Bistro, Cagney's, Cucina are shown as a la carte. If you order more than one entree at any of these restaurants, you will be charged the full price of the second entree (even with the UDP). Order as many appetizers, sides and desserts as you want.

Additional entree charge is applied on Le Bistro and Cagney's. Not in Cucina.

Thanks...

I am looking for the thread that listed the entrees in Le Bistro and Cagneys that were NOT included in UDP...anyone have a link...

Thanks...

I am looking for the thread that listed the entrees in Le Bistro and Cagneys that were NOT included in UDP...anyone have a link...

You might be thinking of the other restaurants like Ocean Blue. You can't get the Seafood Extravaganza with the dining package anymore. The Seafood Plateau isn't eligible from the Raw Bar, either.

There are none. All entrees are included.

Thanks...I think I am thinking of a time a few months ago..when NCL was in between menus and there was some confusion about some items being excluded.....I recall one or 2 that in Le Bistro were not included on our last cruise..(with Platinum voucher)

If I may also ask you....(as you always seem to have such great info!) when we go to Le Bistro..(and we are both Platimum)..and want to get the bottle of wine--so would use Platinum not UDP (IF it is the "better list"..)...then I am limited to one appetizer or soup...yes...???

Or will they do UDP and let me just get wine as Platinum..?

As I said..even with trying to search past threads...I am getting very confused:o

Thanks so much...

Thanks...I think I am thinking of a time a few months ago..when NCL was in between menus and there was some confusion about some items being excluded.....I recall one or 2 that in Le Bistro were not included on our last cruise..(with Platinum voucher)

If I may also ask you....(as you always seem to have such great info!) when we go to Le Bistro..(and we are both Platimum)..and want to get the bottle of wine--so would use Platinum not UDP (IF it is the "better list"..)...then I am limited to one appetizer or soup...yes...???

Or will they do UDP and let me just get wine as Platinum..?

As I said..even with trying to search past threads...I am getting very confused:o

Thanks so much...

The platinum certificates do not include lobster dishes in Cagney's Bistro and Cuccina. Also does not include the steak for 2 at Bistro. You get charged for additional appetizers, entrees and desserts. We always order additional appetizers and pay the cost of the app + 18% service.

We used our Platinum certificates for the wine and then used UDP for the meal portion....no problem at all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

THANK YOU ! That would be perfect for us :D

On the 10 Day Alaska Pearl cruise we had SDP with four specialty meals and each of us had Platinum dinner for two and bottle of wine at Le Bistro. We used the four SDP dinners at Teppenyaki, Cagneys, La Cucina and Moderno.

We used the Platinum certificates at Le Bistro. On one of the meals we each had an appetizer, main dish and dessert. Bill -0-'d out to nothing owed. On second visit we each had an appetizer, Larry had soup, we each had main dish and I know we each had dessert. Looking at the bill we were "charged" for 2 apps, 1 soup and 2 mains (no charge for either dessert). Bill 0'd out to nothing owed. Re Le Bistro - we thought the Steamed Mussels appetizer was really excellent. The broth is as good as any of the soups they make.