S-Class Suite Questions

CocoCronut

Hello all, wondering about the Royal Suite in S-Class (Eclipse) I have been scouring the various threads (including the search function) for some additional information about these suites. Any info that people could provide to my questions would be great! :)

Does anyone know about plug sockets, are there ones on either side of the bed and also plenty in the living/dining area?

When you board the ship initially and head to Michael's Club are you able to leave carry on luggage in there until suite is ready?

How have experiences with in room breakfast been (or any food really)? Is it pretty seemless for the butler to go ahead and organise this without you needing to be up and about?

Also is Bistro on 5 and the Aqua spa cafe included in the unlimited speciality dining?

Any additional tips that people might have on ways to make the most of the suite experience, or things they would remember for next time would also be greatly appreciated :) Thank you :)

We have stayed in the Royal Suites on S Class ships and loved them. In answer to your questions:

There are plenty of electric sockets in the living room, bar area, in the vanity area in the bedroom and on both sides of the bed. No shortage of sockets.

Yes, you can leave your carryons in Michaels Club, however, your suite is usually ready before you even have time to finish a drink in Michaels Club.

As I recall, you can eat anywhere with the unlimited specialty dining, including Bistro on 5.

Breakfast in the suite is pretty good. We usually have breakfast in the suite on mornings when we are going to be leaving the ship early that day. As far as breakfast room service most of the time it's delivered by your butler but occasionally by another attendant. Breakfast is the only meal we have in our suite. We prefer eating lunch and dinner "out".

Our favorite suite perk is Michaels Club because of the social aspect. We have always met some really nice people there and because it's a small group you have time to get to know people because you see them everyday/night.

Also, with only one exception, the Michaels Club Concierge and Bar Tender have always been wonderful people to be around that really made the cruise special!

to elaborate about the plugs, there are plenty.

We had my mom's oxygen plugged in around the bar area. We had 2 scooters in the room that we charged next to the couch. my camera, phone etc were left charging in the bedroom on the makeup table and for some reason I thought there was a plug near the dining room table...not sure about that though....plenty of plugs!

Just off the Eclipse today and stayed in a RS (Ireland/Iceland itinerary). The only for-fee dining that was not included was the British Pub menu available late afternoons in the Passport Bar on Deck 3. All others answers mirror our experience, but if you have any other questions - feel free to fire away!

We really UNDER utilized the Butler. About all we asked him for is daily morning coffee and some pastries (and an omelette a couple of days) and to keep the large Evian waters stocked regularly. It was our first time on a large Celebrity ship in about 10 years (having strayed mostly to Seabourn). I must say we really enjoyed getting OUT of the cabin, chatting with people from all around the world, getting our exercise, dancing in the Sky Bar and Qasar, having some wonderful spa treatments, and taking advantage of all of the ship's other offerings. The suite was of course overly spacious and a delightful, over-the-top luxury (and Luminae was indeed superb in EVERY respect!)... But we ended up not hanging out in the suite that much for the various reasons mentioned. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and our next cruise will definitely be on a large (probably Celebrity) ship. The Eclipse and her staff get a HUGE thumbs up from us!

This sounds similar to what my own butler plans would be, morning coffee and pastries mainly with some laundry/pressings and then fridge stocking :)

Looking forward to ports of call, sea day talks, bars ;) cafe al bacia and trying luminae for the first time - have previously only had access to blu! :D

P.s. Seabourn cruises look lovely

Just a tip on the laundry. Our Butler was not aware of the "free" RS laundry service. We had to call the Michael's Club concierge to get that sorted out. If you get any pushback,the Concierge will be able to assist. We used laundry a total of 4 times: twice with coupons and twice with the RS perk. Coming home today with an entire large case of CLEAN clothes and just a small amount of dirty stuff. Now that is what I call Modern Luxury! :). It is also worth mentioning that the laundry team did a great job - very clean and a very light fresh scent.

Hello all, wondering about the Royal Suite in S-Class (Eclipse) I have been scouring the various threads (including the search function) for some additional information about these suites. Any info that people could provide to my questions would be great! :)

Does anyone know about plug sockets, are there ones on either side of the bed and also plenty in the living/dining area?

When you board the ship initially and head to Michael's Club are you able to leave carry on luggage in there until suite is ready?

How have experiences with in room breakfast been (or any food really)? Is it pretty seemless for the butler to go ahead and organise this without you needing to be up and about?

Also is Bistro on 5 and the Aqua spa cafe included in the unlimited speciality dining?

Any additional tips that people might have on ways to make the most of the suite experience, or things they would remember for next time would also be greatly appreciated :) Thank you :)

Just noticed your query re sockets by the bed...only the one for the bed side light. If you really need one for medical equipment, for example, CPAP....they will run a cable from the "writing table" to bedside and tape it down... Common request. If you just want to charge things there are plenty of other sockets!

Okay great, that answers my question Chemmo, I take it the writing table is close? Thanks :)

Window side, opposite the bed...

On both Equinox and Solstice our room attendant has run a short extension lead from the writing table to the window side bed...This has then been secured with tape...If the guest who requires the socket prefers to sleep on the other side I am sure they would simply run the cable down the edge of the window and under the bed.

They will also provide distilled water and the cable can be arranged in advance through special needs...

My apologies if the additional information is not required...

Brilliant thanks Chemmo, the additional info is fab! Had been hoping there would be a bedside socket for this but it at least sounds near, so it's good to hear that they are accommodating :D

Brilliant thanks Chemmo, the additional info is fab! Had been hoping there would be a bedside socket for this but it at least sounds near, so it's good to hear that they are accommodating :D

It will not be a problem. However, click onto the special needs and register your request then they will have cable, tape...ready for you. Have a great cruise! As I said we have had two RS cruises now with cable 'installed' and no issue. We have gone out to dine first evening and returned to everything in place...Just remind your butler of your request when he 'meets and greets' you in case there has been a problem with communication.

Have a wonderful cruise!