What do you know about the Carnival Pride?

grandmaa

Is this your basic horseback riding tour? Is there anything special about it? Is it horseback walking...or does it involve actual galloping/ running?

The reason I ask is that I am taking my niece...we both ride quite frequently at home, so I am looking for something unique.

Thanks,

-patty..

My wife and I sailed onboard the Pride for our 25th anniversary. We stayed at the Queen Mary on New Years day for our departure on the 2nd. The entire vacation was enchanting. It started with champagne on the QM experienced the QM nostalgic past room. Pre boarded early, had drinks in our hand by noon, watched the remainder of the people boarding in the rain. Our room was an interior cabin on the 7th floor room steward was wonderful, dining staff wonderful, decor outstanding, 2nd cruise and will be our 3rd in March. Went on excursions in PV (visit the countryside), went to the pole flyers in Mazatlan (great buffet on the beach afterwards), went on the shopping tour in Cabo (waste of time we bailed off of the tour during the visit to the Cabo mall). Loved Cabo. Went to Cabo Wabo (cause aren't you supposed to?) drinks were expensive but atmosphere was enjoyable. Shopping on the pier on the way back to the tender boat was good and you could barter for good deals (bought a huge salsa plater and bowl for 12$ US which sold for 65$ in the gift shop onboard). All in all excellent experience highly recommend it can give you more details if you choose.

We were on the 23rd Oct cruise, Awesome ship, great service and food, still working on my Review. I have another review from a cool guy name Mark of Lodi Ca. email me at wennfred@cox.net and I will send you a copy of his review.

Highly recommend the Dolphin Swim and Rhythm of the Night tour in P.V. if youre looking for a cool excursion to do. You can do both the same day.

In Mazatlan, go for Randi's Happy Horses if youre into that... we had a blast, they have 40 horses all over the place, they pair you up with the right horse, 3 hours of beach riding and then Victors Bar and grill for some good food.

Cabo, take the water taxi to The Mango Deck beach bar and grill, great food there and great service, then walk over to the Melia Hotel and Resort, use their pool, no fees or anyone to bug you there.

Fred

Hi all...We are thinking of taking the Carnival Pride out of Long Beach for a family cruise in June. What does anyone know about this cruise ship...good and bad. We have never cruised on Carnival...have many times on Princess, Celebrity, NCL, RCCL. Would appreciate your take of this ship. Thanks bunches...

It's my favorite cruise ship EVER :)

Is this your basic horseback riding tour? Is there anything special about it? Is it horseback walking...or does it involve actual galloping/ running?

The reason I ask is that I am taking my niece...we both ride quite frequently at home, so I am looking for something unique.

Thanks,

-patty..

This is unique. You get on your horse at their stable, then walk through some palm trees out onto the beach. There, you'll see you're the ONLY ones there, it's incredible! You can RUN, gallup, walk, scream, whatever you want to do! It was soooo much fun! You really have freedom to do whatever you and the horse want to do. There's some pictures in our album below. Randi's pics are in one of our honeymoon albums, not sure which one. Take a look!

Wennfred

The only 2 excursions we booked were the Dolphin Swim in PV and Randi's in Maz

Sounds like we picked the right ones... good!

We wanted to leave our time in PV open at night, as that is where we spent a week on our Honeymoon some 15 years ago and so have a few ides on what we would like to do there that evening.

I can hardly wait to read your review!

ppiglet, We were able to go straight to our cabins and drop off our carry-ons. In fact, our bags were already at our cabin door when we arrived. Then we headed up to the Mermaid's Grille where they were serving a buffet lunch. It's on the same deck as the pools, so you can sit inside or outside with the music :) At 4 p.m. they'll have the lifeboat drill.

Jeanne

Archived