Mother's Day Cruise on the Escape

sjnyc323

I originally booked balcony guaranty as Mother's Day gift for my mom. Five days before our sail date was able to score the last H5 Haven Courtyard Penthouse 18122. I kept the surprise until we checked in and then gave mom her haven keycard. She was surprised and very happy indeed. We always love sailing with this team. HD Sean Wurmhoeringer, Asst HD Errol Nelson, F&B Director Martin Ivanov, Executive Housekeeper Ronney D'Souza,Guest Svc Manager Nomita, RM Melvyn Lobo, Beverage Manager Jose Papi Contreras, Concierge Adrian Bica and Concierge Assistant Rashida Joy Faustino always take wonderful care of us and seeing all these people we feel like we are at our home away from home. The staff and crew aboard the Escape go above and beyond and always with a friendly smile and hello. Lovely in the Atrium bar is super awesome as well as Clarense Bennett AKA The Chocolate Cowboy in the 5 O'Clock somewhere bar. These two rock. This our third time sailing on Escape but first time in the Haven on this ship. We even made some new life long friends on this cruise as well, Tony and Nancy who were also in the haven as well as Kris Parrish AKA Not Me!!! Long story for another time. We all had many many laughs together.

We ate most meals in the haven restaurant. The service in the haven was impeccable and the waitstaff were super fabulous each and everyone of them and the food was fabulous. These new menus are fabulous. Lilibeth Espinosa haven assistant maitre d is super the best.Also helping team with orders or whatever needed.

We had dinner in Food Republic one night. I love the concept of ordering small plates made for sharing with your dining companions and food was delicious. We had Mothers Day dinner in Savor on Sunday and the veal Oscar was out of this world very delicious. Assistant maitre d Leanora Bernard is fabulous and our server was Violetta Lozano AKA Bullet. We met them both several years ago and they are now part of the family. On Thursday we ate in Savor again but they prepared special Filipino dinner which Asst Concierge Rashida and Guest Service Manuel Japson AKA Pebbles joined us for. They also joined for Mother's Day dinner as well. These are two of the hardest working people I know. I truly admire all the crew being away from family all these months and making our vacation awesome and special. I finally got to meet CD Silas Cook his last week onboard before his vacation. He was fabulous always visible and part of everything going on. I would love to sail with him again.

In St Thomas I booked the Margaritaville by Wyndham tour through the ship. I feel it was well worth the money. We had full use of pool and beach, lunch, unlimited soda and two drinks. We arrived there at 10:15am and were there until 3pm which was plenty time in the sun.

In Tortola we decided to stay onboard and enjoy the haven sundeck.

In Nassau we went out and had a drink and snacks with our friends and free wifi and the looked in a few stores before returning to the ship.

We came back a few minutes too early for the welcome back party outside.

We saw the cabaret dinner show with Jayleen Steele. What an amazing voice. She has a very impressive range and we loved her show.

We did wine lovers the musical again and loved it.

We also saw Brenda Kaye's show which we seen in 2009 the first time we met her and went to her both seminars. She is amazing.

We also saw Oh What A Night in the theatre on the last night before the crew and staff and senior officers can on stage. I love that part the most no matter how many times I have seen it.

HD Secretary PamPam Mallari is so sweet and very kind and caring. She has been adopted into the family as well.

Our butler Totaram Sookdeo was awesome. He took great care of us and asked us what snacks we would like instead of just bringing anything.

Our room steward Sudesh kept our room spotless and remember our names right away. It always amazes me how they all remember your names and if you see them years later they still remember your name.

This was the absolute best cruise. Had a great time with new friends and never laughed as much as that on any other cruise.

Whoever sails on Escape must dine at Food Republic and Pinchos Tapas Bar. These two venues I highly recommend. Now time to think about next cruise.

Happy Sails,

Suzanne Jacobs

Thank you for your review.

Did you book your St. Thomas excursion once you were onboard? I'm trying to see if it's available during my sailing and it's not even listed.

I pre booked it a week before my sailing

Great review, Suzanne! I agree that the crew (especially Haven) on Escape is just awesome. Interestingly we were on the week prior to you and Tota was our butler -- never met him, nor saw him once in the seven days on board. That was a first ever for me. Very disappointing.

Glad the Wyndham was a success -- that's a fairly new excursion and Adrian raved about it. I will definitely plan on it next time.

Tracy

Great review, Suzanne! I agree that the crew (especially Haven) on Escape is just awesome. Interestingly we were on the week prior to you and Tota was our butler -- never met him, nor saw him once in the seven days on board. That was a first ever for me. Very disappointing.

Glad the Wyndham was a success -- that's a fairly new excursion and Adrian raved about it. I will definitely plan on it next time.

Tracy

Tracy I booked the tour after seeing Adrian's pictures. Great tour and worth the money. Totaram was always around when we needed anything sorry it wasn't same for you

Suzanne