New to NCL , need help deciding on ship/trip

Epic/7 night/eastern/balcony/$2464
2/25-3/04, stops at private island

Getaway/7 night/western/balcony/$2590
2/26-3/05, 2 islands new to us

Escape/7 night/western/balcony/$2625
5/13-5/20, price only reasonable for May not March
New ship

No experience with the Epic, but the private island is undergoing renovations and may be worth the stop during your trip.

We sailed Getaway August 2014 and had an amazing time (St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau). I'd highly recommend that cruise.

We are booked on the Escape August 2016 and are excited.

It appears the March timeframe is your preference, I'd go with the Getaway as it is a wonderful ship and there are new ports for you to explore. The prices are so close that wouldn't be a factor in my decision. The Escape is a new ship also so there will be opportunity to sail it if you'd like to try it in the future.

[quote name='Nola26']No experience with the Epic, but the private island is undergoing renovations and may be worth the stop during your trip.

We sailed Getaway August 2014 and had an amazing time (St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau). I'd highly recommend that cruise.

We are booked on the Escape August 2016 and are excited.

It appears the March timeframe is your preference, I'd go with the Getaway as it is a wonderful ship and there are new ports for you to explore. The prices are so close that wouldn't be a factor in my decision. The Escape is a new ship also so there will be opportunity to sail it if you'd like to try it in the future.[/QUOTE]

August 2015, not 2014 for Getaway.

Sailed the Epic and Getaway, two times each, but not the Getaway. My parents have sailed the Epic (three times) and the Getaway (twice). The Getaway WAS their favorite ship...until they sailed the Escape two weeks ago. Seems like the Escape has the best of the Breakaway and Getaway.

IMO, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those sailings or ships. The only thing to be aware of with the Epic is the bathroom setup. Lots of threads and opinions on it on here, so check those out if you haven't already. It didn't bother my DH and I at all -- or friends of ours whose first cruise was on the Epic last year, or my sister and her DH -- but it is a big complaint about that ship.

I'd pick the itinerary and price that suits you best and have fun! :-)

I agree with the posted that you will not go wrong with any of the three ships.
I have sailed the Epic twice in the last 12 months, and will be on the Escape in about 23 days. In fact traveling with a large group of other Cincinnatians on that sailing.

As someone who has cruised a lot, it has really gotten to be that the ship outdoes the ports of call. The ship becomes the destination. They are so huge that the best way to actually do many of the activities is to stay on board during port days and take advantage of having the ship to yourself, or at least limit the port time, and come back early to enjoy the ship.

I know I will get lamblasted, but any more any port is pretty much just like the previous port. If you look at the shore excursions that are offered, you could pretty much do the same things everywhere.

We've been on the Epic twice, the Escape once and will sail on the Getaway in February. We just made a similar decision for 2018 -- choosing between these three ships. The Escape won for us.

First, if you ARE sailing for ports, make sure you take a look at your scheduled times in port if that is going to matter to you. A few of the sailing will have really short days in a port. This may or may not matter to you. Also, the Escape sailing will have three sea days. Some people don't like sea days, but others love them.

What matters to you on the ship? Pools? Ropes course? Waterslides? Bars? Shows? Restaurants? All three ships have positives and negatives.

The Escape won for us for 2018 because we really enjoyed the waterfront, spent a ton of time at the wine bar and we love sea days. We don't love the ports it will visit, but that's okay because this trip will be about the ship.

Keep in mind that it is not uncommon for the various ships to miss their stops at the private island, if that is your main reason for the Epic. Just ask any recent Breakaway or Gem cruiser Edited by momoftwinteens

[quote name='Into Cruising'].....As someone who has cruised a lot, it has really gotten to be that the ship outdoes the ports of call. The ship becomes the destination. They are so huge that the best way to actually do many of the activities is to stay on board during port days and take advantage of having the ship to yourself, or at least limit the port time, and come back early to enjoy the ship.

I know I will get lamblasted, but any more any port is pretty much just like the previous port. If you look at the shore excursions that are offered, you could pretty much do the same things everywhere.[/QUOTE]

You won't get blasted by us, we agree completely. The ports all blend into sameness, and if you're into excursions you can do almost all the same things in any port.

We cruise for the cruise itself, and for that reason, lately we've been booking cruises with more sea days than port days. And we agree, staying on board in ports gives you the ship mostly to yourself.

However, to answer the OP's post, agree with others. You can't really go wrong with any of those ships & cruises. Since they're all "larger" ships, I'd go with the one where you haven't been to those ports.