Pictures of Menus

Subliminal

We just returned from the 7-night Tahiti & the Society Islands cruise. I took some pictures of the menus along the way and thought I would post them here. I am missing the supplemental lunch menu as well as the dinner menu from night 4.

L'Etoile

Night 1

2zz5jdk.jpg

Night 2

o9jx5d.jpg

Night 3

10787wm.jpg

Night 5

2v0ix6x.jpg

Night 6 - Same menu in all 3 restaurants

2d10dix.jpg

Night 7

358tqj8.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I'm wondering, do most people order all of the courses? At L'Etoile, it looks like one could choose as many as seven courses: Appetizer, soup, salad, pasta, intermezzo, main, and dessert. (Although dessert isn't shown on these menus, no doubt it is included with the meal.)

That just seems like an enormous amount of food to me, even if the portions were relatively small. Do most diners choose to have all of these courses, or do they select maybe 3 or 4?

Also, speaking of dessert, are dessert wines offered and included at no cost?

Thanks again for posting the menus. I just can't wait!

Becky

Most order more courses as the cruise goes on and they feel more comfortable. Perhaps it is because they sit near me and I order most courses. What is not listed is also a final cheese course served with port. I did not order that but I did order virtually every other course except for the salad.

Many are quite small such as the intermezzo which is a very, very small scoop of sherbet.

OMG thank you so much for posting these menus!!! My cruise isn't for another year and a half- does anyone know how often PG changes their menus? I don't want to obsess over these menus if they are likely to change before my cruise haha

Fantastic! How times were you able to eat in the reservation only restaurant?

Short answer: 2

We made reservations first thing after we were settled in our room on the first day. We were allowed to make a confirmed reservation at both of the reservation restaurants. We opted for La Veranda the first night (Saturday) and made a reservation at Le Grill for Wednesday. For us, Tuesday was not an option as we were not on the ship for dinner that night (this is the reason I don't have a night 4 menu). We wanted to eat at the reservation restaurants when they had their normal menus, so Thursday was not an option either.

After eating at La Veranda on Saturday, and remembering how good it was, we asked to be put on the waitlist for Friday. Had everything gone according to plan, we would have eaten in the reservation restaurants 3 times. Friday night opened up and the Head Waiter called to let us know he had availability for us at La Veranda. The problem was, Le Grill was cancelled on Wednesday night due to inclement weather. We were offered a confirmed reservation at Le Grill either of the two remaining nights. We chose Friday to experience the normal menu.

We had the confirmed reservation at Le Grill and were offered the waitlist reservation at La Veranda on Friday night. We chose Le Grill because we had already been to La Veranda once on this cruise.

Short answer: 2

We made reservations first thing after we were settled in our room on the first day. We were allowed to make a confirmed reservation at both of the reservation restaurants. We opted for La Veranda the first night (Saturday) and made a reservation at Le Grill for Wednesday. For us, Tuesday was not an option as we were not on the ship for dinner that night (this is the reason I don't have a night 4 menu). We wanted to eat at the reservation restaurants when they had their normal menus, so Thursday was not an option either.

After eating at La Veranda on Saturday, and remembering how good it was, we asked to be put on the waitlist for Friday. Had everything gone according to plan, we would have eaten in the reservation restaurants 3 times. Friday night opened up and the Head Waiter called to let us know he had availability for us at La Veranda. The problem was, Le Grill was cancelled on Wednesday night due to inclement weather. We were offered a confirmed reservation at Le Grill either of the two remaining nights. We chose Friday to experience the normal menu.

We had the confirmed reservation at Le Grill and were offered the waitlist reservation at La Veranda on Friday night. We chose Le Grill because we had already been to La Veranda once on this cruise.

How do you know in advance which night of the cruise has the Tahitian Dinner? We are doing the 10-night itinerary... is the Tahitian Dinner always at a specific port day?

How do you know in advance which night of the cruise has the Tahitian Dinner? We are doing the 10-night itinerary... is the Tahitian Dinner always at a specific port day?

We haven't done the 10-night, but I'm sure someone else on the board would have first hand knowledge. The Tahitian dinner was also on Thursday night the last time we did the 7 night cruise. To be sure, I asked the maître d' when making the reservations and he confirmed that it was Thursday. Just ask when you get on board.

• 1 month later...

Great, very useful, and hunger inducing post!

I'm confused tho. To my eye, L'Etoile looks like the fanciest option. True?? But it was mentioned that verandah and le grille were the reservation places. Why is this so, if L'Etoile is fanciest? Would love some insights here. Tia!

Great, very useful, and hunger inducing post!

I'm confused tho. To my eye, L'Etoile looks like the fanciest option. True?? But it was mentioned that verandah and le grille were the reservation places. Why is this so, if L'Etoile is fanciest? Would love some insights here. Tia!

The Veranah is the "fancier" option.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the menus. It is ages since I have been on a 7 day. Also there is a new chef so his menus are a bit different.

Anyway I guess I shall have to special order some spicy food the second week to relieve the tedium. Also since I am allergic to tuna, wahoo and Mahi Mahi I have limited fish choices.