Dinner at Windjammer on Anthem

The dinner offerings in WJ are generally much better than lunch IMHO. And they usually try to have a few things off the dinner menu. The thing about dinner in WJ is that the hours are limited. So if you like to eat on the later side it shuts down by 9 or 9:30.

The anthem (im on the ship right now) windjammer is fairly limited for lunch and dinner it is almost identical...salad bar, some curry, rice, mashed potatoes, pork chops, carving offering,terrible hamberger/hot dogs, terrible pasta station, terrible pizza, nachos/tacos and dessert. IMO, has gone downhill. I have seen no main dinner offerings and very little chafing dish choices. At night they have minute steak and salmon made to order. overall the windjammer on anthem gets a fail from me.

We only ate at the Windjammer once for dinner on the Anthem. I also did not find that it was much different than at lunch. I am used to a quieter atmosphere with lowered lighting than we found there. We found plenty to eat with the delicious fresh pasta and salad bar.

I would still choose a sit down restaurant over the WJ.

The anthem (im on the ship right now) windjammer is fairly limited for lunch and dinner it is almost identical...salad bar, some curry, rice, mashed potatoes, pork chops, carving offering,terrible hamberger/hot dogs, terrible pasta station, terrible pizza, nachos/tacos and dessert. IMO, has gone downhill. I have seen no main dinner offerings and very little chafing dish choices. At night they have minute steak and salmon made to order. overall the windjammer on anthem gets a fail from me.

Sorry to hear this, I hope it improves for you! We were on the May 5-14 Anthem sailing and I got some really good MTO pasta! I also was able to try some type of duck that was cut off the bone right in front of me, it was quite tasty as well.

I did notice a few items offered from the main dining menus, but not many. They also have "themed" dessert nights apparently... for example, the one night we ate dinner in the Windjammer was "Pie Night" and they had at least 12 different varieties of pie! lol

I hope you are able to find something you like! If not, I would just mention it to a crew member. They were more than accommodating for any of our requests! :)

I found the Windjammer to be very good for all meals. There is something for everyone…………it is also very crowded……..and it is certainly not "limited"………...

I thought the WJ on Anthem was really good and had lots of selection for lunch. I had a really tasty made to order pasta. Did not try it for dinner, but on other ships WJ has always had something from the dinner menu or close to it. Maybe because there are so many dinner choices on Anthem they don't do it as much. But this thread shows just how subjective everyone's food tastes are :)

Guest maddycat

We found the WJ on the Anthem to be one of the best of any of our RCI cruises. Then again, our previous cruise was on the Liberty and the Liberty's WJ was absolutely the worst.

I hope you are able to find something you like! If not, I would just mention it to a crew member. They were more than accommodating for any of our requests! :)

We were on Brilliance OTS in January. I found out that there were several cooks who were Filipino. Asked the chef in WJ if it is possible for one of them to make a traditional Philippines Adobo. He was Egyptian and kept asking me if I wanted it with beef... Filipinos generally use pork or chicken. After we got through the beef detour, the chef had the dish waiting for us the next night. It was wonderful!

Moral of the story: They can be very accommodating. Just ask. With all of the different nationalities in the kitchen, you might ask for some of their "home cooking". I did and was very happy with the results. :)

Was just on Anthem & REALLY disliked Windjammer for both breakfast and lunch. However, we had dinner there once and thought it was much, much better than lunch. Just my two cents.

This is the first cruise after which I lost all my cruise weight in 6 days if that's any indication...

Overall, was not crazy about the food on this ship, as others have mentioned. Liked American Icon & Chic & that's about it.

Haven't sailed in some time and in the past I have really liked windjammer, I don't know if this was an anthem thing or fleet wide. I did enjoy the sit down restaurants and I have to say some of the best meals came from Chic (no charge restaurant). I did breakfast in Chic, lunch in Chic on sea days and dinner twice in Chic.