Anybody on Star Princess/Alaska

hollon

Any signs of norovirus?

I think the ship is in the clear! At the beginning of the cruise we were served everything in the buffet, including having plates handed to us, but by last night I served myself when we went for one last bite to eat around 9 pm.

I think the ship is in the clear! At the beginning of the cruise we were served everything in the buffet, including having plates handed to us, but by last night I served myself when we went for one last bite to eat around 9 pm.

Thanks! I told myself that new ports would most likely stop it; wasn't worried for myself, but when traveling with a child there's more opportunities for germs to be caught.

I just got off a 7 day cruise to Alaska on May 21, 2016. The Star Princess is older but still in relatively good shape. The Skywalkers night club is suspended at the back of the ship which gives you a great bird's eye view. This cruise included Sitka, Juneau, Glacier Bay (which was spectacular) and Ketchikan. We were lucky to hear the thunderous sound when the ice fell from the Margerie Glacier which was awesome. We saw many whales (spouting) and porpoises from the ship. When the waters are calm, that's when you'll see them. The inside passage was breathtaking. This was an excellent Alaska itinerary out of Vancouver, BC. Hope this helps.

We just got off on the 21st as well. Overall the ship is in good condition. Some of the buffet chairs were worn or stained as was the couch in our mini-suite. Some railings and other woodwork were overdue on their varnishing. Especially bad was around the hot tubs by the spa pool. Then again, railings on the promenade were varnished last week. Overall, though, she's in good shape.

Hi friends!:)

Exactly 1 year to this date we will be landing at Fairbanks AK. We booked this trip in February 2016. So far the time is going quickly. I am looking forward to meeting new friends on the land and ship!

Hi friends!:)

Exactly 1 year to this date we will be landing at Fairbanks AK. We booked this trip in February 2016. So far the time is going quickly. I am looking forward to meeting new friends on the land and ship!

We will be doing the same cruise tour in Sept of next year. Seems like forever away but at least we have a few cruises booked in the meantime to help us get there.

Just off Star from Alaska cruise. Beautiful ship. Staff was wonderful, but our dining crew was hit or miss.

No Noro. Very clean. Halfway through cruise, they stopped serving us on the buffet and salt and pepper, etc. were put back on table. I liked it better when they served you. Seems the dishes were never empty but when the crew didn't have to stand there, a lot of times the dishes were empty.

Food was good. I would definitely sail on the Star again!

Just off Star from Alaska cruise. Beautiful ship. Staff was wonderful, but our dining crew was hit or miss.

No Noro. Very clean. Halfway through cruise, they stopped serving us on the buffet and salt and pepper, etc. were put back on table. I liked it better when they served you. Seems the dishes were never empty but when the crew didn't have to stand there, a lot of times the dishes were empty.

Food was good. I would definitely sail on the Star again!

Glad to hear it was enjoyable!

I just got off a 7 day cruise to Alaska on May 21, 2016. The Star Princess is older but still in relatively good shape. The Skywalkers night club is suspended at the back of the ship which gives you a great bird's eye view. This cruise included Sitka, Juneau, Glacier Bay (which was spectacular) and Ketchikan. We were lucky to hear the thunderous sound when the ice fell from the Margerie Glacier which was awesome. We saw many whales (spouting) and porpoises from the ship. When the waters are calm, that's when you'll see them. The inside passage was breathtaking. This was an excellent Alaska itinerary out of Vancouver, BC. Hope this helps.

did you get to make it to Hubbard Glacier - did you enjoy the entertainment?

• 2 weeks later...
Will try to remember!

Not much traffic on that roll call, is there? I signed on a couple weeks back. This is a present to my granddaughter...no big excursions planned (the cruise is enough!) Normally when DH and I cruise it's all about the ports of call, but for this cruise, it's about being on a cruise ship. We'll see what the weather is as we get to port, but we'll probably just walk around each town.

Just a gentle reminder that you were kind enough to agree to post the Princess Patters from your recent Southbound Star Princess cruise to Alaska. If you would rather just e-mail them, I am at barbpretz at sbcglobal dot com. I would also love to hear details of your trip.

Thank you so much!

Just a gentle reminder that you were kind enough to agree to post the Princess Patters from your recent Southbound Star Princess cruise to Alaska. If you would rather just e-mail them, I am at barbpretz at sbcglobal dot com. I would also love to hear details of your trip.

Thank you so much!

I would like a copy as well, PLEASE ask forgiveness@aol.com. No spaces after the k in askforgiveness

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone recently been on a land/cruise package of Alaska? Any suggestions on cruise line or what to see on land? Also any travel agency's that deal mainly or a lot with Alaska packages. Tried a few travel agency's already and they knew about as much as I did nothing.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Planning on going towards end of summer of 2017. Also most people told me it is better to do land then sea, any thoughts? Thanks!

We are leaving for Alaska in less than two weeks. We are booked on the Coral Princess Northbound from Vancouver to Whittier, a 7 night land tour and a 7 night southbound cruise on the Star Princess. This is our third time to Alaska with Princess and loved the first two.

Sorry, we cannot name a TA on these boards

You may do better putting this into a new thread since your subject is different from the posts above

We are leaving for Alaska in less than two weeks. We are booked on the Coral Princess Northbound from Vancouver to Whittier, a 7 night land tour and a 7 night southbound cruise on the Star Princess. This is our third time to Alaska with Princess and loved the first two.

Sorry, we cannot name a TA on these boards

You may do better putting this into a new thread since your subject is different from the posts above

Paul, I realize that this is not what the original thread was about, but I will be sailing Southbound on the Star in September. I'm hoping you will post a detailed review (and possibly Princess Patters) when you return. Some people have been kind enough to post reviews, but apparently the entertainer's contracts were just ending when the previous posters posted their reviews. I'd love to hear about the current entertainment options and your opinions. Any information will be much appreciated. Have a great cruise!