Drink Packages cost?

I like the idea behind the drink package, but my experience is that I might drink more than usual the first few days of a cruise, but that slows down as the cruise continues.

We are on the Adventure next month with four port days. The current price for the premium is $47.00 with the dubious 20% off. Tips are then added so it is around 55 or 56 dollars a day per person. $788.00 for two.

Since we can take two bottles of wine on, have $450.00 in onboard credit, have a two for one coupon and maybe a drink in the top tier and Meet in Mingle events plus a couple of private tours that have beers and rum punch and then some beach time with a few cheap island beers it does not seem to be a good idea to get the package. Seems like we will get plenty to drink.

When I retire (two more years) we would like to do an Atlantic crossing. With a large number of sea days it might make sense to get the package then. Too bad they don't have those cruises in the summer. :) Being a teacher I get stuck paying the higher summer prices. :mad:

I do wish they had the old wine and dine packages, I did enjoy that and it met our needs. :D

Huh? When I called RCI... the lady I spoke with said the premium pkg would cover martini's. Anyone on Allure with premium pkg that didn't cover martini's?? That may make a difference in whether I purchase! I thought I read $13 limit for Allure on threads?

We have definitely gotten martinis with the premium package. No need to get the ultimate for this reason.

There is no difference in alcoholic drinks included between the Premium and Ultimate packages.

I was thinking about Celebrity's Martini Bar! You need the top package for their large Martini's. Royal the Premium is fine!

Ask ten people what they paid for their seats on your next flight and you'll get 10 different prices. Do you really think that all people in the same category cabin on any given cruise paid the identical price? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. No need to feel ripped off, you just have to understand how the market works.

That's a really terrible analogy and not at all representative of how the market works. What you're talking about is how cabin pricing works. People readily accept that. You're trying to broaden it by applying it to drink packages - or people on that plane paying different prices for a can of coke.

That's a really terrible analogy and not at all representative of how the market works. What you're talking about is how cabin pricing works. People readily accept that. You're trying to broaden it by applying it to drink packages - or people on that plane paying different prices for a can of coke.

Mmmmmm, I'm not so sure, just think about your dinners in the specialty restaurants, again I may have paid 1/2 of what you paid just because I asked for a discount or they offered it as i was strolling the promenade.

Again I think it comes down to supply n demand. Probably way less of that on things like the drink packages but I think it still weighs in.

In my opinion anyways....:rolleyes:

i just got the premium for 39 day plus gratuities. 322.14 total- 273 plus 49.14 gratuities. Vision of Seas- maybe since its an older ship!! First time I have bought the package. Averages to about 3.5 drinks a day. Not too hard!

I purchased the premium drink package. It is my understanding that it includes tips and gratuities. It hat correct? Secondly it seems I read a post that says the package is not honored when the ship is in port. Is that true? Thanks!

We just got off Allure last Sunday. This was the offer onboard. Note, the price does not include gratuities of 18%

f579a7aa572d9b0b981ebcfb339dd21b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for posting this! I was wondering if the price was going to actually be more on board than my "20% off sale". Looks like I will actually save ~$100 for 2, so I'm glad I went ahead and pre-purchased. Thanks also for posting drink menu's on another thread, very helpful! I will probably not "break even", but my husband will probably come out a little ahead. I was going to get the soda package, but premium pkg came out to be $39 (or 3 margarita's more:D) so I went for it! I'm super cheap by nature, so this way I won't have to panic over each bill!

Edited by seafoy
Posted twice

We just got off Allure last Sunday. This was the offer onboard. Note, the price does not include gratuities of 18%

Thank you so much for posting this! I was wondering if the price was going to actually be more on board than my "20% off sale". Looks like I will actually save ~$100 for 2, so I'm glad I went ahead and pre-purchased. Thanks also for posting drink menu's on another thread, very helpful! I will probably not "break even", but my husband will probably come out a little ahead. I was going to get the soda package at $8 day but for an additional $39day(or 3 margarita's:D) I could upgrade to premium package, so I just went for it! I'm pretty cheap by nature, so at least I won't experience panic :eek: with any bar bill!

I purchased the premium drink package. It is my understanding that it includes tips and gratuities. It hat correct? Secondly it seems I read a post that says the package is not honored when the ship is in port. Is that true? Thanks!

The final checkout included gratuities. All packages are good anytime. In port and on the private islands (Labadee and Coco Cay)

Quick question. How much are non alcoholic drinks like daiquiris and Pina coladas? I couldn't find the price for them so am unsure if the replenish package would be worth it as I probably won't drink too many.

Edited by Halo19

Have too love dynamic pricing on the drink packages.

Week of May 8th on Allure was the brochure/online sheet rate.

$39/ $49/ $59 add 18% for gratuity.

Added:

Just wondering do you know what the 20% off pricing from the Cruise Planner online was?

Edited by chandom

Quick question. How much are non alcoholic drinks like daiquiris and Pina coladas? I couldn't find the price for them so am unsure if the replenish package would be worth it as I probably won't drink too many.

Around $5.