Air Canada 787 Business Class

Destiny99

We are flying Air Canada from Toronto to Copenhagen for an upcoming cruise.

We booked business class because of the great deal we got by booking through the cruise line.

I was wondering if anyone has flown on AC's 787 business class before and can provide some insight as to which seats are better for a couple flying together. I know that business class is ideally suited for individuals flying alone, but for a couple flying together, the seating arrangements do not appear conducive to people flying together. The window seats don't appear to provide for any type of seat to seat interaction. the centre isle seats appear to be somewhat interactive if you want to stand up and lean over the centre partition to talk to each other. Does the centre partition between the isle seats lower at all or is it fixed?

We currently have 2 centre isle seats selected, but can change them if window seats are still available.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

I love my husband, but I don't need to sit next to him on a plane -within discreet earshot is plenty close enough for me.:D I would take the window seats. DH and I flew to London a couple of years ago (on a 777 with a 1-2-1 configuration) and I didn't like being in the middle section. I like to see our approach to a new city (and take a few pictures), which I couldn't do, and one the meal service ended and we went to sleep, we couldn't see or talk to each other, anyway.

I imagine that you could also do a window seat and the aisle across. Although the seats are slightly staggered, you'll have a better time conversing - I had several nice chats with the woman across the aisle from me.:)

The 788 & 789s are great aircraft in the business section. But no, none of the seats are designed to allow easy conversation. Also the centre partitions do not go down. You can of course walk to their pod and talk but just be mindful of the other people onboard. Most people paid a rather large premium to have a decent night sleep.

just sit back enjoy the better food, watch a movie and go to sleep in your pod.

On AC in business on a 788/9, we prefer "A" window pods behind each other and not the bulkhead. Yes it's difficult to talk to each other but I just pop up a bit in my seat and I'm able to chat with my husband behind me. We find these pods better than the pair together in the centre or the pods in opposite aisles.

Like everyone else i would recommend window seats. The aisle seats are less conducive to chatting as you have to either stand up and lean over the partition or walk all the way around to the other aisle. The suggestion of a window and an aisle is a good one as you can chat across the aisle.

Have a great trip.

On AC in business on a 788/9, we prefer "A" window pods behind each other and not the bulkhead. Yes it's difficult to talk to each other but I just pop up a bit in my seat and I'm able to chat with my husband behind me. We find these pods better than the pair together in the centre or the pods in opposite aisles.

Why not the bulkhead? We have these booked now. One window and one across the aisle?

Why not the bulkhead? We have these booked now. One window and one across the aisle?

You're close to both the lavatory and galley. Can be annoying on overnight flights. Not to mention that they leave a snack basket with an annoyingly bright light in that area.