Blue Lagoon Time Crunch

mandyc3383

We will be in Nassau from 8 am to 5pm. We are interested in doing the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter however are not sure it will be possible time wise. I've researched that the first ferry over is at 10:30 am. The next available encounter is at 1:30 pm. From what I understand the encounter is approx. 30 mins long. In order to complete the interaction and purchase photos we would need to take the last ferry back to paradise island at 4pm. That would leave us 1 hr to take the ferry back, take a taxi to the port and get back to the boat by 5pm. Is this a possibility or cutting it too close? :eek:

We will be in Nassau from 8 am to 5pm. We are interested in doing the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter however are not sure it will be possible time wise. I've researched that the first ferry over is at 10:30 am. The next available encounter is at 1:30 pm. From what I understand the encounter is approx. 30 mins long. In order to complete the interaction and purchase photos we would need to take the last ferry back to paradise island at 4pm. That would leave us 1 hr to take the ferry back, take a taxi to the port and get back to the boat by 5pm. Is this a possibility or cutting it too close? :eek:

Sorry, but you won't make it on time.

The ferry times correspond with the encounter times. In other words, if you have a 10:30 encounter, you take the 10:30 ferry. Is there not a 10:30 encounter available? If so, I would book that and then return on the 2 o'clock ferry. That would give you time after the encounter to purchase pictures and plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Enjoy!

Edited by CruisinCrow

So then I would take the 10:30 ferry but the interation wouldn't begin at 10:30? From what I read I thought the ferry times were as posted and the interaction times as well. I didn't think they coincided. If so that would be great!!!

Yes, if you book the 10:30 excursion, you take the 10:30 ferry. The excursion starts when you get on the ferry. :-) You need to be at the ferry terminal half an hour early to sign in. It's about a half hour ferry ride and when you get to the island, everyone is directed to their groups. Then there's a short educational briefing before you actually start the encounter.

Don't worry, once you make your reservations Blue Lagoon will tell you what to do.

The most scared I have ever been on a cruise is when we did what you first brought up as your option. Due to a crowd rush for the last two ferries, we were stuck on the very last ferry that did not give us enough time to get back to the ship in time. Thankfully, Blue Lagoon skipped the Paradise Island drop off and took us directly to the cruise pier...and we RAN to get on our ship. My 60 yr old mother hadn't moved that fast in 40 years. Ha! Bottom line...don't chance it.