Did I do OK?

bobg529

So my original plan was book a Studio for Thanksgiving week on the Epic, and then look for an upsell at the end of October. I've been watching on line but this week I saw that there was only one Haven Spa suite left and it's only May. [emoji34]. So I took a deep breath and upgraded. I had a $50 OBC and the UBP. I had also already purchased the SDP for 3 days. They upped my OBC to $100 and refunded the money I paid for the SDP. I now have the SDP with the promo. I would have purchased the Internet, the spa pass, and tried to snap a Posh pass, but now I have all of them with the Haven cabin. I also got to keep my AARP discount. Do you think I did the right thing all things considered? The way it looks right now the Haven is pretty much sold out. I think there may be a family villa left but that would be a waste since I'm sailing solo. How is the Haven on the Epic anyway? I know I'm just looking for somebody to tell me I'm not just being impulsive, but that's what this forum is for anyway right? [emoji6]

If you're happy with your booking the way it looks now, and the amount they are asking you for it, then you did OK. If you want more more detailed opinions, you will have to reveal how much you paid for your studio and how much more you paid to upgrade…

Nothing is really sold out on your cruise, since a lot of people will probably still cancel over the summer. But trying to get into the Haven last-minute is always a gamble, even more so for holiday sailings (I know Thanksgiving is not technically a holiday sailing for NCL).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Be happy with your upgrade. We had a 2-bedroom forward facing Haven room on the Epic in October 2015 and it was wonderful. The Posh Club was a bit chilly at times, but with the appropriate clothes, you could sit and enjoy the sun, your private bar, and some fresh air.

I think you made a great move! I've been lucky enough to sail in a Haven Spa Suite twice as a solo (on the Getaway) and it made so much difference to the experience. Loved having both the spa & Haven access. With all the perks, obc & keeping your discount, I'd say you did well. Enjoy your cruise!

It sounds like you made a great choice. Nothing quite like heading into a cruise knowing that you are going to be pampered and have a great stateroom. Enjoy every moment! Congratulations too on getting all if the perks on top of it all. :)

My first cruise was on the Epic in a Havan Spa Suite & never even made it into the spa, I'm not really a spa kind of person but at the times seemed like a good idea. Haven spa suites are not right in the Haven so you have to travel a bit but we didn't find it an issue. We also loved Posh.