Booked 1st RCC, lots of questions!

Saw the deal for 60% off 2nd person, $200 OBC and 1/2 off deposits and on impulse I booked a family suite with large ocean view balcony on deck 10 on Oasis for October 2017 for 7 nights out of Port Canaveral for myself, DH & DS. $3400 including prepaid tips.

We've never cruised before, going on our 1st in 2wks with Carnival. So all things cruising are new for us.

Does RC price match...do I need to watch the rates in case it goes down? I've done this with Carnival and saved a couple hundred dollars along the way.

Someone mentioned in another forum that I would be eligible for a free soda package and lunch at Johnny Rockets too....could this be true as I did not see that on the RC site.

I'm going to call this week and speak with a RC rep...any specific questions should I be asking about the booking?

The ship looks amazing!! I had been holding out for DCL, but I know their rates are going to be way high and I think my son will have as much if not more fun on the Oasis with the DreamWorks characters, the activities and the kids clubs.

Sorry if this is too long of a first post and thanks in advance for all tips.

Saw the deal for 60% off 2nd person, $200 OBC and 1/2 off deposits and on impulse I booked a family suite with large ocean view balcony on deck 10 on Oasis for October 2017 for 7 nights out of Port Canaveral for myself, DH & DS. $3400 including prepaid tips.

We've never cruised before, going on our 1st in 2wks with Carnival. So all things cruising are new for us.

Does RC price match...do I need to watch the rates in case it goes down? I've done this with Carnival and saved a couple hundred dollars along the way.

Someone mentioned in another forum that I would be eligible for a free soda package and lunch at Johnny Rockets too....could this be true as I did not see that on the RC site.

I'm going to call this week and speak with a RC rep...any specific questions should I be asking about the booking?

The ship looks amazing!! I had been holding out for DCL, but I know their rates are going to be way high and I think my son will have as much if not more fun on the Oasis with the DreamWorks characters, the activities and the kids clubs.

You must watch prices yourself, then call and ask for the price adjustment. They will do that up until final payment date only. Be aware that if the lower price is offered after this "deal" ($200 OBC) expires, you will lose the OBC.

The JR offer, I think, is for CP and BW balconies, not for oceanview balconies.

Welcome!

:)

You must watch prices yourself, then call and ask for the price adjustment. They will do that up until final payment date only. Be aware that if the lower price is offered after this "deal" ($200 OBC) expires, you will lose the OBC.

The JR offer, I think, is for CP and BW balconies, not for oceanview balconies.

Welcome!

Thank you!! Is there a specific site you can use to price match or do you mock book?

... I'm going to call this week and speak with a RC rep...any specific questions should I be asking about the booking?

If you booked via phone call to RCI, and if you don't have an account on royalcaribbean.com yet, create one. Then find your booking ("reservation"), look thru the 7 tabs of details, and see if that brings to mind any questions you might want to ask a rep.

Happy cruising!

There is also a popular cruise app you can download, it won't let post the name, but if you type cruise app it should come up. You can see pictures from people on your ship and the ports you are going to. It also has a price watch tool that will email you when the price goes up or down by 1%

Also, you may want to consider transferring your reservation to a travel agent, there is no extra cost for you, and they will handle all the back and forth with the cruise line for you, much easier IMO. Enjoy your first cruise in 2 weeks. As far as Johnny Rockets and soda package that is for boardwalk balconies. I believe the Central Park Balcony includes dinner at Jamie's Italian, but it may be another CP restaurant, hope this helps!

Register at cruise

fish

dot net.

You can get automatic updates of price drops for your cruise. It's a penny per cruise but it does the checking for you.

Edited by MrsKC08

Register at cruise

fish

dot net.

You can get automatic updates of price drops for your cruise. It's a penny per cruise but it does the checking for you.

I think you meant to say $1 per cruise....it sure would be cheaper to track for a penny. :)

As far as Johnny Rockets and soda package that is for boardwalk balconies. I believe the Central Park Balcony includes dinner at Jamie's Italian, but it may be another CP restaurant, hope this helps!

Is this for any BW or CP balcony or just for suites?

$3400 is not really a good deal.

Especially for a non-peak week/month.

I paid just a little more for 2 cabins during Thanksgiving week.

I would shop around a little and see what else you can find...

April, is this 10244 or 10644?

$3400 is not really a good deal.

Especially for a non-peak week/month.

I paid just a little more for 2 cabins during Thanksgiving week.

I would shop around a little and see what else you can find...

I would say for the larger family room its a fairly good deal....nothing to write home about but not bad at all. About the price of a JR suite on a non-peak week.

I would say for the larger family room its a fairly good deal....nothing to write home about but not bad at all. About the price of a JR suite on a non-peak week.

I chose to include the tips, which was $283, so it was just over $3100 before tips - without the 60% off....it would have been another $1000+, it seemed like a deal but since I have no comparison I'm not sure. 😕

Stateroom 10200, it says Superior Oceanview Stateroom with extra large balcony.

In your first post, you said "suite". You booked a regular D cabin - same size as any other balcony cabin on the ship. You DID book the D1, which has the largest balcony for a D cabin.

I am explaining this just to put your price in perspective.

That would be a great price for a suite.

For triple occupancy balcony cabin? It's an acceptable price. More in line with summer pricing than October pricing, which should be lower because of lower demand.

So, that's my analysis of your price.

(how old is your son? He will be sleeping on a sofabed)

In your first post, you said "suite". You booked a regular D cabin - same size as any other balcony cabin on the ship. You DID book the D1, which has the largest balcony for a D cabin.

For triple occupancy balcony cabin? It's an acceptable price. More in line with summer pricing than October pricing, which should be lower because of lower demand.

Yeah this is actually a tad pricey for a standard balcony cabin. Even with he large balcony. I assumed you got a family suite.

Im sorry, i did use the wrong term. Not a suite. I belive its a D2? He will be 6 1/2. So did they just over inflate prices so that the 60% off just brought rates down to a standard price? Bummer if that's the case.

Im sorry, i did use the wrong term. Not a suite. I belive its a D2? He will be 6 1/2. So did they just over inflate prices so that the 60% off just brought rates down to a standard price? Bummer if that's the case.

D1.

Yes, they do that all the time. :p

But the balcony IS great. You will really enjoy that big balcony. :)

I personally think you got a pretty good price. Is it an amazing totally cheap deal? No. But considering you prepaid the tips for the 3 of you it is right in line with what I paid for 3 of us in a D2 on Harmony in November. Don't stress, and enjoy your cruise!!!

If the price is acceptable to you and you are happy with it, then it's a good deal. It's all about perspective - I am paying £2500 + for an aft facing cabin on X for an Alaskan cruise in September - it includes premium drinks package, $300 OBC, pre-paid gratuities and was a low deposit and I got OBC on the cruise I booked it on.

That's not a steal by anyone's reckoning but I am happy that I got the cabin I wanted with the perks I wanted and I can't wait to go.

Enjoy your cruise OP - Royal is fantastic for kids (of all ages!!)

I personally think you got a pretty good price. Is it an amazing totally cheap deal? No. But considering you prepaid the tips for the 3 of you it is right in line with what I paid for 3 of us in a D2 on Harmony in November. Don't stress, and enjoy your cruise!!!

If tips are included, I'd say its definitely a good price for 3.

I paid close to $3300 for a D4 on Allure this past February (3 people and tips, with a $100 C&A discount).

So for a D1 (which should be more expensive than a D4), I'd be happy with the OP's figure.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

If tips are included, I'd say its definitely a good price for 3.

I paid close to $3300 for a D4 on Allure this past February (3 people and tips, with a $100 C&A discount).

So for a D1 (which should be more expensive than a D4), I'd be happy with the OP's figure.

Thank you, that makes me feel better.