just have to share

MrsMoose2001

I just have to share my happiness, I had been looking for a certain "print" sweater for over 6 years. I found it last week here by accident. I don't even know if "print" is the right word

I wanted a sweater/cardigan with a tweedy look, not marled, not heathered, tweedy, the one where it's a grey background and has flecks of colors in it, like white, pink, blue, etc etc. I found it, it's perfect. I got it and I've worn it 4 times already (and today is just a week that I bought it). I'm so excited. Every time I just look at it I'm so happy. It goes with everything, jeans, black pants, almost any color pants actually although I don't own many other colors except for a taupe pair of cords, talking winter pants here, and a pair of charcoal grey flannel.

I'm just so happy, it's made by Eskandar. I'm not a fan of the stuff as it's usually way to big but this even if it's big, it's just perfect because of the style it looks great (well at least I think so). Can be worn with cami's tees, and looks great with a crisp white shirt and jeans (what I had on when I bought it).

Don't you just love it when by accident you find something you have been looking for for like 6 ++years. I was like a dog with a bone, I would not give up, here, NYC, Boston, on the Net, I was relentless and I found it by accident.

I'm definitely doing the happy dance.!!!! Just had to share.

No in a store here, I went to buy a tube of my anti wrinkle cream last week, and I had time so I was browseing and that's how I found it.

Lol, I don't think he even noticed it.

I gotta tell you, last night, DH and I do mean DH he had an invite to a cocktail party in the really high end jewelry store here. You probably know it, they opened one on Madison Ave. - Kaufman Suisse.

Hubby took me along since he was allowed guests. There were mostly men because it was a "work thing invite", but a few men brought their SO/spouses. I even made a comment saying it takes a brave wonderful hubby to bring his wife to a jewelry store party. It was wonderful, I happen to know the owners casually, the father is from the same city as my parents are from in Switzerland but she let us try on the most beautiful jewelry, a 3stone diamond emerald cut (my fav cut) ring worth over 100,000, a necklace worth over 50,000, tahiatian pearls, beautiful one of a kind earrings, the few ladies and myself had a ball.

We got a tour of their workshop, and a walk through on a how peice is made from conception to end result (the father and daughter design most of if not all of the jewelry in the store except for the watches). He cleaned jewelry for us if we wanted.

It was a work thing for stockbrokers because of Canada's upcoming diamond industry but it was one of the best cocktail parties I attended in a long long time. There was no selling, it was just a fun evening, as afterwards we went out for a quick bite.

she let us try on the most beautiful jewelry, a 3stone diamond emerald cut (my fav cut) ring worth over 100,000, a necklace worth over 50,000, tahiatian pearls, beautiful one of a kind earrings, the few ladies and myself had a ball.

We got a tour of their workshop, and a walk through on a how peice is made from conception to end result (the father and daughter design most of if not all of the jewelry in the store except for the watches). He cleaned jewelry for us if we wanted.

Now THAT, is a perfect evening!

Glad you found your sweater!

What fun! Sounds like a great evening.

I'd love to get some tahaitian pearls. That's on top of my "wish list".

I'm not familiar with the store KAufman Suisse. Do you know what street on MAdison Ave they're located on? Just curious.

Jane

They are fairly new in NYC, they have 3 actually one here one in Palm Beach Fla and the NYC one, Madison, either in the mid 60's or 70's can't remember, I see the store when I got up by Barneys and Oscar's Place and the Marina Rinaldi store, it would be on the opposite side of the street that Barney's is on so going uptown it would be on the right side. Charles is one of the sons who is running the NYC store. Beautiful jewelry, out of my price league, most if not all of their jewelry are their own designs and really high quality. You have to go look if you pass by just to see some their pieces. The father won the highest award possible in jewelry design and I believe is now a judge as he can no longer compete because he won all the time.

The women had a ball last night as we could try on anything we wanted. I tried on the tahitian pearls and a pair of earrings and the ring. They also cleaned the ladies jewelry if we wanted. It was just a fun evening, they had nice wine and canapes, the hubbies weren't worried as it wasn't a sales event, lol.

I know I would love a strand myself. I saw a beautiful strand in Vancouver and 3 women were already fighting over the same strand as apparently they were a bargain (don't know what that meant as I didn't ask the price).

I did get a pair of Loubertain shoes today on sale. New store opened and he had a sale at 50% off. Black pony hair flats.

Thank you Blue Herons, and yes, it was a really fun "party" my idea of a "business party", lol. All kidding aside, it was one of the best cocktail parties I had been to in a long time. I belong to a couple of clubs and they aren't as much fun as last night was, and best of all, it was absolutely free, nice wine, great canapes to go with the wine and the fun of the jewelry.

I could use a few more nights like that!!!

I'm not familiar with the store KAufman Suisse. Do you know what street on MAdison Ave they're located on? Just curious.

The store is Kaufmann de Suisse. It's located at 785 Madison Ave., between 66th and 67th Sts.

Wow, you will be very very busy. BTW, if you are near a magazine store, look at InStyle Magazine, there are a lot of websites for home stuff. I don't know if they ship to Canada or not, but I saw quite a few on various pages. If you don't get the magazine, I'll try to post some so let me know.

I don't have it in me anymore to throw those kinds of parties. I did a couple and people enjoyed themselves but it wasn't appreciated so I just don't do them anymore.

I really wish you luck with that, that's a big big job. :)

Archived