Carnoval sunshine aft extended balcony?

cbowls30

Hi all

Considering booking one of the above for New Years cruise, never done aft cabin before - always have midship balcony. Can anyone tell me if it's more noisey? I.e sound of wake, docking etc? Do you hear lots of noise from top deck areas?

Many thanks

You will always get pros and cons, but if you are prone to seasickness at ALL, the aft cabins can have more 'sway'. I did an aft once and can't do it again for this reason. We stick to mid-ship now. The view was beautiful though!

Hi all

Considering booking one of the above for New Years cruise, never done aft cabin before - always have midship balcony. Can anyone tell me if it's more noisey? I.e sound of wake, docking etc? Do you hear lots of noise from top deck areas?

Many thanks

Depending on the ship, some are smaller than others. I know on the Breeze and Sunshine afts next to the corner wraps on deck 7 are smaller cabins. They don't have a sofa or coffee table and sometimes their tvs are in awkward places, like over the bed making difficult to watch. If you want to make sure you get the normal size ext aft, go to the Carnival web site, click on explore , get ship's deck plans and go to the cabin you want. Click on the details, amenities and 360 degree video. The details should say sofa and coffee table, if it doesn't you picked the smaller afts. The ones in the middle should be regular size. Even some PVPs don't know the difference. So if cabin size matters do your homework. I was stuck on the Breeze a couple years ago in the smaller ext aft and I was not happy. BTW the balcony is still a larger size. Good luck, we always book ext afts for the view and tranquility they provide. They are just amazing!

We had 7330 in January 2016. There was a definite moldiness to the aft of that ship. It was more pronounced at the very aft of the dining room, but also evident in the cabins. Rooms below us on 6 had flooding issues. We heard from staff that the plumbing and pools is the main focus of the upcoming drydock, so those issues will hopefully be taken care of then. Other than that, no other issues with aft balconies.

We had 7330 in January 2016. There was a definite moldiness to the aft of that ship. It was more pronounced at the very aft of the dining room, but also evident in the cabins. Rooms below us on 6 had flooding issues. We heard from staff that the plumbing and pools is the main focus of the upcoming drydock, so those issues will hopefully be taken care of then. Other than that, no other issues with aft balconies.

This is the cabin we have booked for this coming November. :eek:

Hi all

Many thanks

Had an aft extended balcony (7449) on Valor this past April. Loved it!!. It had a couch. It was not noisy at all.

You can check out the cabin for size/location on cruiselinerooms dot com.

Happy Sailing!!!

Edited by hapytobehr

This is the cabin we have booked for this coming November. :eek:

Was the last group off the Sunshine before drydock and had 7330. I think the room was clean and nice, but to me it felt a lot smaller than most balconies I've every had. But I have mostly cruised the newer ships in the past. Our friends had the cabin next door and said it didn't seem smaller. In the morning and some in the evenings we somehow got the fried food smell in our room, we can only assume from the Havana Bar area right above on deck 9. I mean food isn't a bad smell, but I'm weird about waking up to strong smells. Our friend's balcony door slammed all the time. It wasn't a problem because we were normally awake when they were, but something about a slamming door annoys me. I finally figured out it was them near the end of the cruise and apparently their balcony door wouldn't stay open like ours did.

As for the Sunshine, let's just hope they have a new crew that is refreshed and ready for passengers when you get aboard............................:(

We booked this cabin. Is the television across from the bed if you look at the deck plans it show the desk with a tv above and the bed headboard on same wall and in pic no couch so it be impossible to watch tv

The description shows a couch though which is right

We booked this cabin. Is the television across from the bed if you look at the deck plans it show the desk with a tv above and the bed headboard on same wall and in pic no couch so it be impossible to watch tv

The description shows a couch though which is right

TV is across from bed, couch is on the headboard side of room.

We had an aft extended cabin on Sunshine last September....right below band that played salsa until past 1am. Shame for us for not doing our homework. Balcony didn't get much use, as it was damn hot with zero breeze. Never noticed any vibration from engines. Never had any rocking, rolling, or swaying, and we encountered 50 knot winds and rain one night at sea.

Have never had an aft, but scored this aft wrap quite by accident for our upcoming August Cruise - We can't wait to see it - I do hope we like it!

We have the wrap aft balcony 7322 booked for Sunshine 2018. Let me know what you think when you return in August. Most people seem to love the aft wrap. We made sure to book a cabin with rooms above and below us.

We had aft cabin 5345 on the April 29 sailing just before the dry dock. It was the best cabin we have ever had on any cruise! It was handicap-accessible which gave us lots of interior, bathroom and balcony space. We did not experience any noise or smells, and the aft views are incredible. We prefer that part of the ship, but make sure not to be above or below any common areas.

Just off the Sunshine (5/21). Cabin 7329 aft. No noise. Some vibration, but minimal, at times. We book aft anytime we can. There is nothing like the view off the back of the ship, and no wind!!!

Always check deck plans for decks above and below before booking any cabin. We always book a deck between other passenger cabin decks.

We had an aft extended cabin on Sunshine last September....right below band that played salsa until past 1am. Shame for us for not doing our homework. Balcony didn't get much use, as it was damn hot with zero breeze. Never noticed any vibration from engines. Never had any rocking, rolling, or swaying, and we encountered 50 knot winds and rain one night at sea.

What deck were you on and where does this band play?

We have 6346 and it has cabins above and below. I didn't think there would be issues - at least I hope not!

I am just going to assume that the first couple of days going south is hot and coming back you have shade(going North). I am also going to assume that during the day 12-4 is the hottest? Does it matter whether you book the middle cabins or ones toward the ends? Just trying to get some info on the aft.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry dont mean to hijack but do you have pics you could share. We are in 7330 for our October cruise. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Was the last group off the Sunshine before drydock and had 7330. I think the room was clean and nice, but to me it felt a lot smaller than most balconies I've every had. But I have mostly cruised the newer ships in the past. Our friends had the cabin next door and said it didn't seem smaller. In the morning and some in the evenings we somehow got the fried food smell in our room, we can only assume from the Havana Bar area right above on deck 9. I mean food isn't a bad smell, but I'm weird about waking up to strong smells. Our friend's balcony door slammed all the time. It wasn't a problem because we were normally awake when they were, but something about a slamming door annoys me. I finally figured out it was them near the end of the cruise and apparently their balcony door wouldn't stay open like ours did.

As for the Sunshine, let's just hope they have a new crew that is refreshed and ready for passengers when you get aboard............................:(

I was mistaken; we are actually in 7333. Thank you for the info!! Not encouraging to hear about the staff though :(